5 Star Quality Comments

At St. Mark’s, we believe that blogging is a way in which we can effectively communicate safely and politely online. The Year 3/4 students have established and agreed upon a “Quality Criteria” on how to write comments on a blog. The criteria reminds us of our expectations when communicating online through our blog.

Only “5 Star” quality comments are approved for inclusion on our blog!

How to write a 5 Star Quality comment on a blog.

5 STAR QUALITY CRITERIA

• Always use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
  • Read over comments and edit before submitting.
  • Do not reveal personal information, and use first names only.
  • Write like a letter, include a greeting and closing.
  • Give compliments, ask questions or add to new information to the conversation.
  • Write comments that are related to the topic.
  • Write politely to others, using appropriate language.
  • Make comments interesting and engaging, trying to make them at least 4 sentences long.
  • Have a go at answering the questions that are within the posts.

Adapted from the 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School blog

116 Responses to 5 Star Quality Comments

1. Aaron says:

Hi it’s Aaron here,

I can’t wait for the school BBQ on Friday night and playing Kelly Sports.
    Hopefully we get to play some cricket and the weather will be nice.

Bye for now
    Aaron

2. Joshua says:

Hi bloggers, on the first day of school I thought I was going to get my new laptop, but we didn’t. This made me feel sad. On the second week of school on my sports day we finally got our laptops. I was so happy. Since then I have taken very good care of my laptop. I hope everyone else is too.

From Josh

3. Isabelle says:

Hi it Isabelle here,

I think that having my computer has been great and I have been taking good care of it and I hope everyone has been too.

bye for now
    Isabelle

4. Claire says:

I think that Zacchaeus felt very special when Jesus chose to visit his house, and that very moment he thought that he needed to fix things and make things right again. So then Zacchaeus said “I will give half to the poor and for the people that I took from I will give them four times as much as I took ” .

5. jonathan says:

Hi, it’s Jonathan here,

It’s week 5 of Grade 4 and I’m really enjoying my new class. Made some fantastic new friends. So glad I received my new laptop, really having lots of fun with it.

Bye for now not forever!

6. Enrico says:

Hi everybody!

It feels so great to be back at school. It’s so fun making new friends, learning & playing together. I was so happy to receive my first laptop. I am so thankful to my parents & our school for providing me with the opportunity to work with new technology. The best thing we have learnt on our new laptops so far, is how we can change the settings so that we can type in Japanese.

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am! See you all at school!

-Enrico

7. Christian says:

Hey everybody, Christian here,

Its so great to be back at school,I hope the teachers make some new changes.

See you at school.

8. jack says:

Hi, Jack here.
    I love my new class this year because I got to meet new people that I didn’t really know!
    I get to help the new grade 3’s and also learn from them!
    I also went for SRC.I did’nt get it but congrats to the people who did.
    Bye for now but not forever!!!!

• angestuart says:

Such a great way at looking at things this year Jack. What a fantastic attitude you have to grade 4!
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
      Ms Stuart

9. holly says:

Hi it’s holly here
    I think the picnic was fun. I loved how we had the games
    and the barbecue. I loved how we got to have a chat and a play with our friends.
    I liked the food
    Bye Holly

10. jasmine says:

Hey Jasmine here,

Just to tell you loving the chrome books I have been taking good care of it and I love how we could use it for research. Hopefully you have been loving it to?

bye but not forever

11. Noah says:

Hi it’s Noah here,
    My Dad and I are reading the posts together and we discovered one that I really related to. It was Josh’s. I liked it because it was about the day we got our laptops – I was just as excited as he was. It was also sports day which I enjoy!
    Bye for now.

12. Emily says:

Hi it is Emily here!!!!!!!!
    Jesus went to Zacchaeus’ because he knew Zacchaeus was a sinner and he wanted to talk to him about how he could stop being a sinner. Zacchaeus said to Jesus that he was going to give half of what he had to the poor and pay four times more to the people that he cheated. We should not sin but if we do we should ask God for forgiveness.

13. Zoe says:

Hi, it’s Zoe here,
    I just want to say we are back at school.
    3/4 is so good because you get to do more things like try out for SRC.
    Have fun at school tomorrow

14. rooney says:

Hi everyone Rooney here!

I love my new class. I got to meet new people I didn’t even know, mostly I didn’t know the grade 4’s but now I know everyone’s name!!!!!

15. Jake says:

Hello everybody Jake is here
    I love my new year in 3/4MC. It is great and I have made lot’s of friends. I have my new laptop and it is great but it is actually called a chromebook. I am having a great time in term 1 so far.

From Jake

16. Jett says:

Hello everyone,
    I think ICT is a great way to learn and motivates a lot of people to do their work. It’s also an easy way to find the information you need and use it to complete your work. ICT is one of the most used sources of information and is used heavily across the globe. Sometimes it’s used for games, sometimes for work and sometimes school.

Jett

17. Talia S says:

Hello everyone
    Congratulations Miss Usher on your new baby.
    I hope you come to visit us at school soon with your new baby girl.
    We can’t wait to see you and Cleo.
    Bye from Talia

18. David says:

Hi 3/4’s!

What do you think governments actually do? Well all I know is that they have to make promises and do something fair for their country. When we learn about governments,we can know exactly what they do and how they do it. That’s all from me.

See you at school!

-David

19. Brooklyn says:

Hi 3/4’s, it’s Brooklyn here,

I really liked the barbecue last friday night at school. We got to watch the older boys play cricket and I got to do kelly sports 2 times. I also got to play with my friends.
    Bye guys!

20. Breandon says:

Hi its Brendon

I have been waiting for the long weekend, and what a wonderful a weekend it was. The weather was great and I spent quality time with my family. Cant wait to go back to school to tell my friends what I did on the weekend.

Bye for now

21. Ruby says:

Hi everyone,

Today I want to say to everyone I hope you had a great Labour Day on Monday. I am excited that the grade threes are doing their first persuasive text. Also the grade threes are going to have their first Reconciliation this year so I hope they have a great Reconciliation night.

From Ruby!

22. jonathan says:

Hi its Jonathan here.

I had an amazing weekend. I spent Monday at Moomba with my family. We watched the water skiing and played lots of games. I also went on an amazing ride called the pirate.

See you soon.

23. Julian says:

Hi guys its Julian here

What I did on the weekend was really fun. My friend came over and we had a big water fight.
    We went to the movies to go and see Paper Planes, it was great. I would give it a 10 out of 10!!! It was amazing how they made all the different kinds of planes.

Bye for now but not forever!

24. Georgie says:

Hi it’s Georgie,

I am so excited that Mrs Usher had her baby. I love the name Cleo!!!
    I hope they both come in soon because I want to see Mrs Usher and baby Cleo,

From Georgie

25. grace says:

Hi everyone
    I heard that Mrs Usher had a new born baby on the blog!!!!!!I heard she had a girl. I will bet she is very cute. I love the name Cleo. Also, is everyone excited for their reconciliations this Thursday? I hope to see you all! I can’t wait.

From Grace

26. Kobe says:

Hi guys it’s Kobe here

I enjoyed watching the grade five’s talent show at camp. I liked it because it was funny and engaging too.They looked like they were having lots of fun. I can’t wait to go next year.

Bye for now but not forever
    #Kobe!!!

27. Ryan says:

Hi everyone,

I am excited about Mrs Usher’s new baby girl. I wonder if Mrs Usher will have a baby boy when Cleo is bigger. I also wonder if Cleo will go to St Marks when she is 5. I hope that Mrs Usher brings Cleo to school so we can all meet her.

Bye for now but not forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

28. Jett says:

Hello everyone,
    I think ICT is a great way to learn and motivates a lot of people to do their work. It’s also an easy way to find the information you need and use it to complete your work. ICT is one of the most used sources of information and is used heavily across the globe. Sometimes it’s used for games sometimes for work and sometimes school.
    Bye from Jett.

29. Rivali , Tracey (Mum) says:

Hi guys, Rivali and Mum here.
    My class this year is the best because I got to make new friends and I love how I have the best teacher ever Ms Mirabella.
    This year I’ve been loving it so much because I have been able to learn new things without getting distracted by anyone.
    Rivali is so enjoying school which is lovely to see and achieving in areas where she struggled before.
    Cheers from Rivali and Tracey(Mum)

30. Joshua says:

On the first day of school I was excited to see who I was sitting next too. I saw I was sitting next to my friends, I was so happy. I hope everyone was too. I am really enjoying my teacher she is so nice like all the other teachers.

From Josh

31. Claire says:

Hi everyone,
    This year I really enjoyed art because I learnt lots of cool techniques which are lines and circles. The colour I would use for drawing is black because it stands out and everyone can see my drawings. I think listening to music while doing art is very peaceful and a great way to have a fresh start of the day and you could even have your own mini meditation time.
    Bye 3/4 students

32. Vicky says:

So… ummm…. Hi there! It’s me! Vicky!

So I,m going to comment about ICT so…. lets get a move on! So ICT is like my favorite lesson because its so cool to use chrome books or computers! and I have 2 words…… TECH WORKS! So thats all!

VICKY OUT!

33. Ava says:

Hi it’s Ava here

I love my new class because I get to meet new friends
    I’ve had a good term so far and I hope everyone else has had
    one too. I have been learning lots of new things.

Bye for now Ava

34. Isabelle says:

Hi it’s Isabelle here,
    I love my class because it has so many nice people and everyone is always so happy.
    I love what we are doing in art I think that learning about lines is really fun and thanks to all the teachers we are getting really good at it and I hope all the grade 3s had fun doing there Reconciliation.

Bye for now but not forever.

35. Ethan W says:

Hi everyone,

last night I made my Sacrament of Reconciliation with my friends in Grade 3. My whole family attended and it was very special. I received a candle, a prayer and a certificate. I will keep these safe always. I like knowing that I can tell God anything and He will forgive me.

From Ethan W.

36. Antoinette says:

Hi Antoinette here,

my RECONCILIATION was awesome because first I was scared then after that it was easy peasy but the candle nearly fell out of my hands and my hair could have set on fire but it didn’t. Anyway I hope everyone had the best reconciliation ever and I’m waiting for my pen licence now.

from Antoinette bye

37. Zoe says:

Hi it is Zoe
    Last Thursday night I made my Reconciliation. At first I was scared to talk to Father but then I found it fun. I loved the night because I felt special and I recieved gifts I can keep forever.
    Good bye for now. Zoe

38. Enrico says:

Hi everybody it is Enrico here!!

I hope everybody had a good weekend as I sure did!

My uncle and aunt came down from NSW to Victoria and slept over at my house.
    We went to see the 12 Apostles and the Formula 1 qualification event.
    I wasn’t feeling well on Friday,however spending time with my family and going on these amazing adventures really lifted my spirit and we were all happy. 🙂
    Family time is always the best!!
    P.s.GO LEWIS HAMILTON!!!1st place on race day!

Cheers to everyone for another successful and fun school week ahead.YAY!!!!

39. rogan says:

Hi it’s Rogan
    I just wanted to say hi and I heard that Mrs. Usher had her new baby called Cleo and it was a girl but I wanted it to be a boy.
    Bye for now!

40. Noah says:

Hi everyone. It’s Noah
    Do you know about the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Class? Well the photos that were taken were fantastic and one of them had some of the most delicious recipes, Mrs Kelly’s and Mrs D’s class got too make and taste. I think it is brilliant and they were very lucky to have the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Class.

Bye for now! Noah

41. luke says:

Hi,

I love the laptops that we got they have so much abilities that are so cool and fun to play with. Also they load so much faster than the old computers. Lastly I hope everyone has so much fun with them.

Thank you so much Mr.S!!!

From, Luke

42. Charlotte says:

Hi everyone it’s Charlotte,
    This year I have enjoyed Digital Literacy because I learnt lots of cool things to do on the computer like play games,go on the blog,watch youtube,play Mathletics and lots of other stuff.
    I wonder if in the olden days people used computers?
    Bye for now!

43. Aleisha says:

Hi, it’s Aleisha
    I am enjoying school this year, what about you?
    I have a nice teacher and great kids in my class.
    I like the meditation, it really calms me down a lot.
    I feel so relaxed in the morning after meditation.
    I start my day happy.

ps.IT IS SO MUCH FUN.
    bye for now, Aleisha.R

44. rooney says:

Hey everyone Rooney here!

I loved the kitchen class because we got to make and taste the food that we made! And the recipes are very tasty and healthy! 3/4KD are very lucky to have kitchen class first!
    I hope 3/4 KD liked the kitchen class!

Rooney.

45. cody says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am just writing to you that I can not wait until Easter. It will be so fun because I do not know where the Easter bunny will put all of the Easter eggs.
    Everyone needs to be good so you get lots of Easter eggs.I hope you get lots of Easter eggs.
    Bye for now. Cody

46. Enrico Patacsil says:

Hello everyone, it is Enrico here!

It is so great that we have a fundraising chocolate drive that everyone that everybody is going to be participating in. 🙂 It is a great idea I think,because the money raised will be helping the school to buy books and cool electronic devices that we can learn with and and enjoy.We are all so lucky to be a part of this school St.Mark’s rocks!Good luck everyone with your chocolate sales and have a good weekend. 🙂

OK everyone see you on Monday.

-Enrico

47. Nicholas says:

Hi everyone, it’s Nicholas.

what a great weekend… Well, my dad is doing the Run for the Kids today, after doing lots of training leading up to it. I went to Geelong yesterday with my family and we had a picnic. I wanted to feed the ducks, but, we didn’t have any bread… maybe next time.

Bye from Nicholas

48. Julian says:

Hi everyone it’s Julian here,
    I think the topic of Continuity and Change would be fun to do for Inquiry next term. I would like to know more about how St Marks, The AFL and the MCG have changed over the years. I think it would be interesting for us to see old pictures of St Marks and students in the olden days. I have found on the Internet some old pictures of the MCG which I think look interesting as it shows how different it is now to back when footy started…

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Mcg_1878.jpg

bye for now Julian

49. Ruby says:

Hi everyone Ruby here,
    I would like to talk to you about our addition and subtraction groups.
    I am so excited about our new addition and subtraction groups.
    If you are in my group see you there!

From Ruby!!!

50. Joshua says:

Hi everyone!
    On the day of harmony day it was just like usual, but instead at the end of the day we did something different than usual. We coloured pictures of ourselves in 3/4. In grade 1/2 where my sister is they coloured in flags of their country. Harmony day is a day to celebrate different cultures.
    From Josh