Term 3 Inquiry – Continuity and Change

Year 3/4 will be studying history during Term 3.  We are going to be learning about many things that change over time, including medicine, sports, the environment, structure and architecture.  There has been advancements in technology and in our parts of our neighbourhood, as well as other changes in the world.

What continues on in the world? What has changed in your lifetime? 

What changes have your parents or grandparents noticed during their lifetime?

What would you like to learn about change? Why are you interested in this change?

By Eva, Harry, Maddie, Patrick and Emilia.

100 Responses to Term 3 Inquiry – Continuity and Change

1. Eva says:

Hi everyone,

I am really excited about learning about community and change. There is so much I want to learn.
    I would like to learn more about technology’s change in time. I am interested in this because there are lots of new devices in these days but I want to now what all the technology was like back then.
    My parents have noticed the change of touch screen technology, WiFi and transport like electric cars, cordless phones, i phones etc.
    Things that continue in the world are stuff like technology, the environment etc. Stuff that have changed my life is social media and devices because there are always new stuff coming out that are part of the future.
    I am really looking forward to learning about community and change. I hope everyone is as excited as I am.
    From Eva

2. Karyna says:

Howdy Bloggers!
    I am bursting with excitement to learn about Continuity and Change. It’s really fascinating.
    I would love to learn about technology and how it has grown from the past. There are many new and improved inventions and electronics these days that I’m pretty sure weren’t in the past.
    My parents have noticed that there have been big changes in technology like text messaging, WiFi and Iphones.
    Something that will change my life and has is social media. I can log on and look at other people’s creations and ideas.
    I am really looking forward to learning about what has changed since the past and what is continuing to grow. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty excited!
    Bye!
    From Karyna

3. Emilia says:

Hi Everyone,
    I am so excited about term 3 inquiry! I just can’t wait to get started!
    Something that is continues in our world would be animals.
    Something that has changed in my lifetime would be the way people do things. For example computers, medicines, homes and lot’s more.
    Something that has changed in my parents life would be technology and sports cloths and equipment.
    One thing I want to learn about would be how people have adapted to the change in their life in they way they work.
    I am interested in this change because it will help me to think about my future and what it will be like in the next 20 years.
    From Emilia year 4.

4. Lennix says:

Hello,

I believe that values and humanity will continue even with all the fighting that is happening around the planet. In my lifetime, technology has been a big change with the invention of smart phones and ipads.
    My dad thinks the biggest change in his lifetime is technology too, for example, emails instead of paper letters.
    My mum thinks the greatest change in her lifetime has been the change in the environment with more pollution and waste.
    I would like to learn about the changes in transport because I would like to know how it has changed in my lifetime and before my lifetime.

Thanks
    Lennix

5. Jared says:

Hi Everyone,
    I’m really looking forward to this topic and can’t wait to get started.
    I have noticed many changes in my lifetime, in particular in sport like the AFL. There is a lot more technology and i also like seeing more women playing the sport – like the womens league and also women umpires.
    My mum tells me alot has changed in her lifetime too. She has noticed alot of change in technology and in particular online. She does alot more online than ever before. Including online banking, shopping and many other things. My parents are able to pay bills online, respond to queries via email, make appointments and alot of other things.
    I would like to learn how change can make improvements in our life. Im also interested changes in sport as that is what i love. I am also interested in changes in the environment because i want to know what has happened in the past and what may happen in the future.

6. Harper says:

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to learn about the history and change of the world.
    The technology has changed during my lifetime.
    My parents have noticed how the technology and touch screen. They also have noticed the more cars on the road. I would like to learn about how the buildings changed over time. I wonder how they survived in the old buildings.
    From Harper

7. Anton says:

Hi Guys,

I would really like to learn about community and change. Their is so much I would like learn about how much it has changed from the 1980’s.
    I am really interested in what technology will evolve into in the future. Because technology at the moment is amazing thanks to smart people making more and more things to make life easier, and more fancy. The thing that continues in the world is cars they were invented a long time ago and still continue now.
    My parents have noticed that a lot of things have changed since those days, and wish the things we have now is what their childhoods were when they were young.
    What I would like to learn about change is that how are things changing so fast? I am interested in this change because I am wondering what the future will change into.

From Anton

8. Lenex B.T says:

Hey Bloggers,

Hope you all keeping warm in this cold.

Term 3 is going to be the best term of the year “why you ask?” Because the Term 3’s brand new topic “Community and Change” is going to be interesting and exciting to talk about.

Our Community is going to have a big impact from the selling of the Kingswood golf course to real estate developers. New houses will bring new families to our community and it will possibly bring new students to St Marks School – “now that’s exciting”.

However, increased population will bring more car traffic and unfortunately, as well as traffic car pollution.

Right now my mind is like a time machine and it is going to the future and back showing me what is positive and negative once these developers finish construction.

During the construction process, I wonder if our human species and local wild life will change mentally/physically. Some local residents will probably argue about the whole project.

For me I like to see new people and new places growing in Dingley Village.
    I’m so exited I don’t want to miss it, I hope you are too.

From Lenex

9. Grace.S. says:

Hi all Grace.S. here,
    I would really like to know what has changed from now to then.
    There is so many different things I would like to learn about community and change.
    I am really curious about what has changed and what hasn’t.
    My Mum says that they had mobile phones that where the size of a drink bottle!
    Mum also remembers that in the 1980’s in high school when her class and all the other
    classes got there first computers for computer classes, they were all big and bulky.
    I am interested to find out about the TV’s, mobile phones, computers and schools and how they had changed.
    bye for now but not for ever Grace

10. Matti says:

Hi all,
    Graces mum here from 3/4f. I would love the kids to learn about how far technology has come from back in the days till now. The kids use technology so much these days and i think they will be very surprised about how much it has advanced.
    I also think the kids would also love to see how far medicine has come and how much we learn from our past to help our future.
    Love history and i know the kids will too.

bye
    Matti

11. Sienna Battaglia says:

Hi everyone,

Technology has grown so much since my parents were younger. For example they didn’t have IPhones, laptops or social media. Their mobile phones were very big and bulky and their computers were too.

In the future I would like to see a cure for cancer and other diseases that make people really sick. I would love to see the sick people have a healthy and happy life.

One thing I love about today’s technology is my IPad. I can store lots of games on it and I can play them at anytime!

From Sienna

12. Katie says:

Hi everyone!

There is more high tech video games and lost more! Hopefully there will be more better things to come in the future to help us and entertain us and make the world better for us and generations to come.

My Dad’s life has change by … from black and white tv to colour.Oil heaters to central heating,Invention of computers,Information via internet.Online banking and shopping.Electric cars.

How will the environment change? how shopping work?

From Katie.

13. Johnnoel says:

Hi All
    I always loved technology, and this topic really interests me heaps. The Continuity and Change is so fast and since my birth in 2008 there has been so many achievements made by engineers and doctors that made things easier and faster in my life.
    My Parents are the same as me always liked new technology they have seen computers getting smaller, internet going faster, TVs becoming Smarter, Phones/ Screens are doing everything now and transportation faster.
    I hope to learn more about the future changes it always makes me excited and happy, I wish to become an Aerodynamic Engineer in the future because I love plans and I learn about them everyday and wish to make them even more comfortable and faster for people to travel in them. I am looking forward to learn more about Continuity and Change with everyone in class.

Thanks
    from Johnnoel

14. Manya says:

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to learn about this interesting topic. My life style and course have mostly stayed the same. I have had quite a few changes in the past like moving schools and living in a different neighbourhoods with different people and friends. My parents have noticed the environment change and the way familys spend their time. I would certainly love to learn about change because it is fun to learn about differnt ways that people use to and will live their day to day lives.

Bye from Manya:)

15. Thomas N says:

Hello bloggers,

I excited about the community and change lessons because it sounds interesting and it sounds like alot. I want to learn about the changes about the 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and the 90s. I would love to see the technology in the olden days and games. My dads changes were the technology and the games in the olden days, and thats how my dads life changed. My mums changes were the games only and my mum mostly plays the boys games because she was bored in those old days, and that how her life change.

From Thomas

16. Thomas L says:

Hi everyone Thomas here,

I am so excited to learn about our new project: Continuity and Change.
    What has change in my life is new people come to our school every year.
    My parents notice that when they were young was cars and computers.
    I want to know how does change work?

Bye
    Thomas

17. Caroline says:

Hey Bloggers!

It’s Caroline, and I’m writing about our Inquiry topic for Term 3: Continuity and Change. There’s loads of things I want to learn next term, and I’m really excited! My personal interest would be about technology. I know what’s been going around with the new “2017 technology”, but I want to find out what they had back in the 1960’s. Did they even have phones? I have no idea.
    My parents have noticed the change in technology. They say it has moved from the desktop, then the laptop, and now, mobile devices, like phones, tablets and iPads. Most people usually had one device, and now people have about 3+.
    In my lifetime, lots of things have changed. The last few years, you had to be super careful with water and liquids around phones, but now you can get phones that are waterproof! I think some things that will always continue around the world is electronics and technology.
    I want to learn about change because you can look into the past, and compare it to your life! It would be really interesting to step into your grandparents’ shoes and find out how they lived their life.
    I’m really looking forward to this topic! I can’t wait! I hope you’re all as excited as I am!

Bye!
    From Caroline

18. Aidan says:

Hi 3/4s,
    I am excited to learn about Continuity and Change next term. Things that continue on in the world are animals and humans are always around and having more babies. Since I was born I have noticed changes in technology like PS3 and PS4 and even the new Nintendo Switch.

My mum has noticed changes in technology too, including mobile phone technology. There were no mobile phones when my mum was a kid. My Pop had a tv that was only black and white with no colour at all! There have been changes in cars – there are some electric cars now.

I would like to learn about changes in the environment and changes in sport. I am looking forward to learning more.

From Aidan

19. Gaby says:

Hi everyone,
    I am really excited to be learning about the community and the changes in our life and with our neighbours with us and how people grow up from when they were kid and what games they had because the games are different to now.
    I would love to learn about the changes of our families and other people’s families and what country they came from. The main thing I want to learn about is what and how their families have changed,
    By Gaby

20. Valentina says:

Hello everyone,

I am excited that we will be learning about history in term 3 for inquiry. I was talking about it with my mum and she was saying how much technology has changed since she was at high school. She explained how when she left high school, computers were just being introduced into high school. But now we have laptops and chromebooks each which will help all of us in the future, with all the technology we have now.

By Valentina

21. Harry says:

Hello,
    I am excited about term 3 continuity and change. It will be so fun. When my parents were in school they had no laptops. They didn’t even have mobile phones! I am also excited about the change building materials. i can’t wait until term 3.

by Harry

22. Daniel Semmens says:

Hi guys,

I really want to learn about community and change. There are heaps of stuff I want to learn about. I would like to learn about technology and how it’s changed over time and I also want to know even more about history than I did. I wonder if the things that haven’t changed might change in the future? I want to know how the community and change affects us in our everyday lives. When my grandad and nanna were at school they didn’t have computers or phones so now we have way more technology than they ever had. My mum got her first phone when she was 21 years old and now we get them when we’re 13 years old. When my mum was 17 she used her first laptop computer which was 10 times bigger than our chromebooks. When my mum was my age she didn’t have a DVD player so they use a video player and there was no, Xbox, Nintendo, Wii and play station.

That’s all folks
    From Daniel

23. Blake says:

Hi guys,

I am very excited that we are going to learn about Continuity and Change. I have been told by my parents just how much things have changed since they were little.
    I have also noticed how technology has changed and improves every day.
    For example: Google has games and videos that are free to play and you can take your iphone anywhere without a power cord.
    Who knows where technology will be in 10 years time! Can’t wait to see it! There might even be actual flying hoverboards.
    I would also like to learn about technology from the past and who invented all the amazing things that we use today.
    Can’t wait!

From Blake

24. Bianca.m says:

Hi everyone,
    What has changed in my lifetime is technology, e.g I now use my computer to do and hand in my homework.
    My grandparents use to have milk delivered to their house by horse and cart and now they need to drive to the shop to get milk.
    I want to learn about how afl change over the years.
    From Bianca.M

25. Emilia says:

Hi everybody,

I am really excited that we are going to learn about history. The reason why is it will be fun and we will be learning about things changing over time. I really am interested in it, because some thing that might not be a lot of fun or you do not like it and then you do because it changes. I can not wait!

Bye from Emilia.P

26. Shreya says:

Hi there,
    My dad told me how my grandparents grew up without computers. They used to see movies in black and white. Technology has changed a lot since then. Now we have colour T.V , laptops, ipads, and many other new devices. Movies were recorded in a video tape in the old days. We can see movies from CDs, USBs and even our mobile phones! I would love to learn about the old times and how people used to live without the technology that we have today. Also I’d love to learn about how technology is helping make life easier for people.

By Shreya

27. Kevin says:

Hi everyone,
    I have shown my mum our inquiry topic ‘Continuity and Change’ for Term 3. She was very excited and told me about all the changes in the last 27 years since she migrated to Australia from Vietnam. I was amazed to hear about the good changes as well as difficulties that she was facing to adapt to those changes in her early days of living in Australia.
    Life is continuing to change around us everyday. Hopefully changes can improve our quality of life now and in the future,

By Kevin

28. Trang, Kevin's Mum says:

Hi Everyone,
    Its Trang, Kevin’s Mum, it is a great opportunity to comment on this post!!
    In the last 27 years living in this country I have been witness so many changes in many aspects of life, from technology to the food that we eat everyday. Definitely in the area of technology, it was amazing to see how this could bring the world closer by just a finger tip. We just hope that with all the advance in technology that we have now will bring us to success and to maximize our potential.
    All the best with your very interesting topic.

29. George says:

Hello everyone,
    I’m looking forward to learning about how the world has changed. When my Mum was in school there was no internet, email, or mobile phones! Can you imagine that! There was no Google to find information they had to read books called Encyclopedias. I wonder if there will be flying cars in the future?

Bye from George

30. Bayden says:

Hi bloggers!
    I want to learn to so much about technology and its past.
    When my Mum and Dad were little they had gameboys and nes consoles.
    Now in 2017 lots of tech has been upgraded.

Bye for now but not forever!

Bayden

31. Joel says:

Hello fellow bloggers!
    Joel here!

I am very excited to learn about community and change for Inquiry next term! I think that technology will keep on changing as time goes by, because back then they didn’t have technology that was as advanced as it is now. That’s how I can tell that technology will change a lot in the future. When my dad was in year 10, he used a device for the first time! People that are born nowadays first use a computer when they’re only 3-4 years old! What a comparison! In this unit, I mostly want to learn about technology, medicine and the environment and how it has changed over time.

Bye!

From Joel

32. lila says:

Hi 3/4s

I would really like to know about what happened then and now.
    I would really like to know what has changed and what has not .
    My dad says that mobile phones were smaller then now
    they did not get phones when they were little.
    It would be good to learn about that because we would learn a lot.because it has changed so much .

Bye lila

33. Ethan.S says:

Hi guys

I am really interested to learn more about Continuity and Change in Term 3. I would like to know more about how sport has changed from the past until now. I wonder how many new sports there are now compared to when my mum and dad were kids. I can tell with AFL football that the ball, the footy boots, umpires uniform and players jerseys have changed alot since AFL first started. I know that technology has changed football too with scoreboard reviews during the game. I wonder what else will change with sport in the future?

Bye for now, not forever

Ethan.S

34. Ollie.S says:

Hi bloggers,

I am really looking forward to our next inquiry topic. I do not know much about continuity and change. I would like to find out a lot more about it. I would like to learn more about how they used technology in the olden days. This is going to be a great topic and I think that everyone will like it.

By and I hope you enjoy the topic!

35. Alex S says:

Hello 3/4 Bloggers,

I want to learn about change and history because I don’t know a lot about change and history.

I would like to learn about how technology has changed.

My mum said that so much has changed from when she was my age.

Bye From Alex S

36. Sam (Alex S' Mum) says:

Dear 3/4 Bloggers,

Your Inquiry topic for next term, Continuity and Change, sounds very interesting.

Things in our world are changing so rapidly, there will be no end to what you could learn in this topic. I was telling Alex about how much technology has progressed since I was a child. We did not have mobile phones or computers when I was Alex’s age. We used typewriters!

Enjoy this very interesting topic next term 3/4’s!

Kind Regards, Sam (Alex S’ mum)

37. Javier Kaneleas says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am very excited to learn about history because I love history. I am Australian but my background is Greek because my grandparents were born in Greece. I am intrested about the old days and what famous people were alive and what they invented too. I would like to learn more about history because I don’t know very much yet. This might become my favourite topic.
    Bye and I am looking forward to this topic.

38. Joseph says:

Yo Bloggers,
    I am really excited to learn about how technology has changed. I want to learn about the ups and downs in improvements of all the cars. I’m also interested in phones and computers. I also think that old phones are more or less BETTER than they used to be.

Bye from Joseph

39. keith says:

Hi blogger

I can’t wait till term 3 because we get to learn about things from the past like how cars have changed, tvs, buildings, technology, fashion and food

40. regina sedita says:

Hi 3/4 Bloggers,
    What an exciting topic to be looking at. Things have changed so much ,and are continuing to change so rapidly right before our eyes.It is really exciting to see the progression even in things like education,what subjects where offered and how they where taught from a short time ago until now. Technology is a changing every day . When I was growing up (not so long ago) we had Pac Man which had only one game which we played over and over,we only had a few maybe 5 channels on the television,and our telephones where on a long cord attached to the wall,can you imagine.I remembered when my dad brought home his first mobile phone from work my whole family waited at the gate for him to arrive it was a really big deal ,and looking back it was like the size of a brick. There are so many interesting things to learn about our history I hope you all have fun and more importantly think about how easy and lucky you are today. Look forward to Dante telling me all about it bye for now Regina.

41. Chloe says:

Hi everyone,
    I’m really excited to learn about continuity and change because I think it sounds like an interesting topic. Technology is always changing and has many new developments as each year goes by. When my mum went to school they used black boards to learn from, now we use interactive whiteboards.We use laptops and when my mum was at school she used a big desktop to type on.We have the internet, ipads,Phones with games and many other electronic devices. My mum didn’t have a mobile phone till she was 18,most kids get them a lot younger now.

From Chloe

42. Dante S says:

Hey everyone,
    I am really excited to learn about history.
    I really want to learn about the evolution of technology. It will be very interesting.
    I want to learn about medicine and sports because I am very interested in seeing how they evolved.

43. Bailey says:

Hi bloggers,

I am really looking foward to our next inquiry topic. I do not know much about continuity and change. I would like to find out more about this topic. I would like to learn about how they used to use technology and how they used to play sport. This is going to be a great topic and I think most people will love it.

Bye for now but not forever.

44. Alexandra Escudier says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am very excited to learn about history, I like history. I am Australian but my background is France and Walsh. I want to learn about history because I was not around back then and I want to see how they lived. I wonder how the future’s going to be like?
    Alex’s Mum, I’m looking forward to see what Alex learns in history.
    bye guys.

45. jessica says:

Hi 3/4’s

Im excited about technology and how it has changed.
    My Mum told me T.V’s use to be on a analog setting and not on a digital format,
    now all T.V’s are run digitally. She also said that technology has advanced
    so much in Medicine and Science.
    I look forward to learning more about technology and how it has changed.
    Learning from the past can help shape our future. I’m excited to learn about
    technology as it is forever changing.
    See you soon.

46. Jaedah Huynh says:

Hi 3/4 bloggers,
    I just can’t wait to research history and I hope you are excited too. In my life time I’ve seen changes in garmins. These are new watches called apple watches. My dad told me that there was no internet and mobile phones when he was little. I wonder how they survived without internet and mobile phones. I am really interested in learning about objects that people used to use .

Bye from Jaedah

47. Zavier Arhondis says:

Hi guys
    I am excited to learn about history because it is really interesting to me. I am really excited to learn what it was like in the old days, that is what I really want to learn about.
    I know that in sports that on the field in soccer they didn’t have that many chairs so they can watch, they only had a few. In basketball, it was really different to how it is now because in the old days they just started to make basketball and now that it has been around for a few years they have changed it for the better.
    Thank you,
    Zavier

48. Alex.k says:

Hi everyone, it’s me Alex,

I’m going to be talking about continuity and change. Well iphones have changed because there are different models and there are different actions it can do. I asked my mum what has changed and she said the different types of transport. I would like to learn more about how sports were invented and how it has changed.

Bye

49. Annabel . M says:

Hi guys
    I would really like to learn about community and change because I would like to learn about the olden days and what they invented and what things are still around and what has changed. Things like the telephone and when computers first came into schools. A lot has changed from when my Mum and Dad went to school like they used blackboards and there were no computers in Primary school. Also my Mum remembers that no shops were open on Sunday and now some shops are open 24 hours a day. This topic will be very interesting to ask my Grandparents questions and learn about our history.

From Annabel.M

50. Harry says:

Hello Bloggers

I am even more excited this term than I was last term because we get to learn about history and how it has changed over time!

I love this topic because we get to look back at how things such as technology, fashion, sports, music and architecture have changed. We also have to explain how it has evolved over time, this means we can find out where it all started and how it has slowly improved and if there were any failures or successes in the process of improvement. Overall I think this topic is going to be great and I’d love to do it next term.

I hope you have a nice day!

From Harry