Inquiry Term 4

Next term in 3/4 for Inquiry we will be learning about the History of Australia. We will studying specific events like the first fleet, white settlement, convicts, etc. As part of this unit we will also be focusing on how Australia changed during this time and how it is different now. Throughout this unit students will also be analysing how these significant events impacted the  Indigenous Australians who were already occupying the Australian land.

What do you already know about Australian History?

What else would you like to learn about white settlement in Australia?

How do you think Australia changed throughout that time?

How is Australia different (or not different) now?

What do your parents know about Australian history? What would they like you to learn about it?

88 Responses to Inquiry Term 4

1. Harper.Q says:

Hi 3/4,

I am really excited to learn about history Australia!
    I really want to learn Aboriginal language.
    Australia is different from 100 years ago is that there is better technology and there are more buildings.

Bye 3/4

2. Lucas A says:

Hello fellow bloggers..

Australia has changed in many ways since the olden days from the fashion, the currency/money, as well as technology and the way we live.
    The Aborigines were the 1st people in Australia until Captain James Cook landed on Australian soil in 1788 along with convicts.
    What I would like to know is why they chose Australia to invade?

Can’t wait to learn more about it.

From Lucas. A

3. Hudson Turner says:

Hey Guys,

I think I know a little bit about Australia’s History. I know about Ned Kelly quite a lot. He was born in December 1854 in Beveridge VIC. I have a holiday house in Beechworth and there is a prison there and he spent sometime behind bars in the Beechworth jail, his cell number was 101. Also I know about the Aboriginals and Captain Cook. What I want to learn more about is the white settlement and how it affected the Aborigines. All I know about it is that it happened between 1788–1850. It was probably very depressing and a horrible time because I know that the Aborigines were mistreated. Australia is different now because we have learnt to live all together and we respect their heritage more. So many changes have happened in Australia since then from cultures/technology/housing etc. My parents know that Captain Cook discovered Australia in 1770, he landed at Botany Bay. They would like me to learn about the convicts and about what occurred when Australia was first discovered.

See you later ¾’s 🙂

4. Leah says:

Hi bloggers!
    My name is Leah and I am really interested in learning about the Australian History because – through the generations Aboriginal people all have these stories and I’d love to hear about them, and I’m interested in them. I know that Uluru is in The Northern Territory and there has been many Aboriginal stories passed on through the years. I would like to find more about who made changes to Australian money, (notes and coins). I would like to learn about Australia, how it happened to change because lots of people somehow got different types of skin colours, and people are inventing things everywhere just for money. It’s different because in the Northern Territory, there weren’t many people there but now there are hardly any. My mum knows a bit about Captain Cook and the first fleet, but she wishes she knew more about the Indigenous Australians since they were the first inhabitants of our country. My mum would love it if I learnt about Aboriginal and Indigenous history, since she wishes she had learnt about that when she was young.
    Bye bloggers!

5. Savannah says:

Hi everyone

I know that aboriginal people were living in Australia for thousands of years before the English people came here to live.

I would like to know how they got here? When they got here? Why they came and all other things.

Australia changed so much during that time because they built buildings, they made new rules, they sold land that aboriginals had lived on for years.

Australia is different now because there are schools, houses, freshwater, transport, roads and all these wonderful things that are very helpful to everyone.

My dad knows a lot about Australian history. He would like me to learn more about how white settlement impacted on the aboriginals and their culture.

From Savannah by but not forever : )

6. Dante says:

Hey everyone,
    I can’t wait to learn about this topic.
    I’m really interested in this topic because it is so interesting. I’m excited to learn this because I like learning about history.
    I also like learning about Australia because it is so awesome.

Bye guys, Dante

7. Caterina T says:

Hello Bloggers,
    Australia has changed in many ways since the olden days from the fashion, the currency/money, as well as technology and the way we live. I would like to learn more about the Aboriginal people and their Culture. Australia has changed a lot, people have lots of money. Australia is different because there are schools, houses, freshwater, transport, roads and all these things that are very helpful to everyone. My dad knows a lot about Australian history. He would like me to learn more about how white settlement impacted on the aboriginals and their culture. My Mum knows a lot about Australian history. She would like me to learn more about the Aboriginal people’s Culture.
    From Caterina Bye but not forever

8. Aleisha says:

Hello bloggers,

I would love to learn about Australia and our culture. I know so much about our animals and the first people in Australia. I find Australia very interesting and want to learn more about how times have changed over the years. Australian culture is so different now and it will be interesting to learn more about the First Nation who were the first people to occupy Australia, the
    Aboriginals. Their art is very interesting and so is their culture. The Aboriginals are now wanting to be known as the First Nation instead of Aborigines. I want to know more about this.

I am keen to know more about how Australia has changed with foods, animals, cultures and transport. My mum knows heaps about Australia as her great grandfather fought in Gallipoli.

Bye for now, Aleisha

9. Alex C says:

Hello fellow blogger Alex here,

It would be great to learn about Australia’s history because we wouldn’t know much about Australia’s history be living for 9-10 years. It will be interesting to learn about Australia’s history and to see what happen in Australia’s past. Australia has changed a lot! British men and Aboriginal people only use to live here and now Australia is a multi-cultural country.

Bye for now but not forever!

Alex:)

10. Alex C says:

Hello fellow bloggers, Alex here,

It would be great to learn about Australia’s history because we wouldn’t know much about Australia’s history only living for 9-10 years. It will be interesting to learn about Australia’s history and to see what happened in Australia’s past. Australia has changed a lot! British men and Aboriginal people only use to live here and now Australia is a multi-cultural country. I’m happy that we are in Australia!

Bye for now but not forever!

Alex:)

11. Eliza.W says:

Hi bloggers,

My name is Eliza and I am really interested in Australian history because I’ve always wanted to learn about convicts and the first fleet. I don’t know much about the white settlement so I hope to learn more about it. I would like to know who is Captain Cook is.
    I know a lot about Ned Kelly because I have been to Beechworth in Victoria. Australia is very different to now. I am looking forward to learning more about Australian history.

Bye bloggers!

12. Alex.k says:

Hey everybody,
    Next term we will learn about Australian history.
    What I know is that the Aboriginals were in Australia first.
    I would like to know who found Australia?
    I think Australia changed because European people started to take over. Australia is different because it is a multicultural country.
    My parents know a lot about Australia because they are old and they have been here for a long time, also my sister wonders when Australia has a earthquake.
    That’s all for today!
    Bye! Alex K.

13. Caitlin .E. says:

Hi 3/4s,

I know that Australia is the only country where there are Kangaroos, Platypus, Koalas & Echidnas in the wild.

I know that there were Aboriginals here a long time before English people.

I know that Australia has a much smaller population compared to the other continents.

I would like to learn about Aboriginals and their stories, Uluru and the Great Barrier Reef.

My Mum would like me to learn about the convicts who were sent to Australia on boats from England. Also the changes to our money and how our states and capital cities have changed over time.

Bye 3/4s from Caitlin and her Mum Jo.

14. Emilia says:

Hi Bloggers,
    I am so excited about learning out Australia history. I know that the people who found Australia were a few people from England. Also I know that Australia was found about 200 years ago. Not long ago. I would like to learn about how was Australia found? What would have happened if Australia was not found? And How did the aboriginal people get to Australia first? I think Australia has changed because when they first found Australia it was all bush and now there are lots of homes and cities.
    Bye for now and not for ever .
    From Emilia.

15. Kara D says:

Hello everyone,

I see you have some wonderful blog comments here.
    You all know so much.

The Australian history is amazing! There’s so much to learn. There are beautiful cultural animals, and lots or lovely nature. I love living in Australia, and so should all of us. I am so greatful for this Australian home!

Anyway, you ask what I know about Australia. Well, I know lots. The Aboriginaks lived long, long ago before we did. I love all the amazing paintings they do.

I wonder why all the paintings are in dot form? Who was the first person to be different to the Aboriginals and when did this start happening?

That’s all I have to say for now, Bye,
    Kara : )

16. Georgina says:

Hi guys

My name is Georgina and I am going to be telling you about our new topic for next term which is “History of Australia”. What I already know about the Australian history is that the aboriginals were the first ever people to come to Australia. I also know that we have famous landmarks in Australia like Uluru, MCG, Big Banana, Sydney Harbor Bridge and Wave rock. The thing I would like to learn about the white settlement is: Why did outsiders inhibit Aboriginal Territory? How did outsiders like the Europeans find out about Australia?
    How did the Aboriginal people react to white settlement?
    I believe that Australia has changed over time. People that live here have developed new buildings and are designing new things like: Computers, Ipads and movies. Australia’s population has changed overtime And has increased. Australia’s population is made up of different nationalities and cultures.There are some parts in Australia that are still the same as back then like old buildings, footy stadiums, some famous landmarks, our culture.
    As a parent I know that Aboriginal people were the first people to inhibit Australia. A number of events occurred in history which destabilised their lives and caused them to unsettle. The discovery of parts of Australia by Captain Cook and the European influx and migration saw a rise in the number of foreigners taking over Aboriginal land. I would like my child to learn more about the following:

Which main groups migrated to Australia and why?
    Which groups of people contributed to the development of Australia and in what ways?
    Have the Aboriginal people been compensated enough since their land has been inhibited by others?

Bye,Georgina

17. Annabel . M says:

Hi guys,
    I am really interested in learning about Australian history and the different topics. I already know that Aboriginal people are part of the Australian history and they have many stories. I would like to learn more about Australia in the early days and how different it was to now. I already know that some Australian animals are kangaroos, koalas and wombats. Australia has 8 states which are New South Whales, Queensland, South Australia, ACT, Tasmania, Victoria, Northern Territory and Western Australia. I would like to learn more about our money and the new $5 note that came out and who made it. I would also like to learn about the Aboriginal boomerangs and how they are made and more about their history.
    My mum thinks it would be interesting to learn more about the Aboriginal Dream Time and also about Captain Cook and the Gold Rush era.

From Annabel

18. Manya says:

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited to learn to start learning about this topic.
    I had a few questions to ask about this topic.

Why did captain cook decide to invade Australia?( there would have been other land to invade as well at that time).

When they invaded the country why did they capture the aboriginals peoples children?

When did they invade Australia?

In what state did they first enter Australia?

I can’t wait to find out the answers and learn more about.

Bye for now, Manya.

19. Antonio says:

Hi bloggers,

I think it will be awesome to learn about Australian history. I think this project will have an impact on everyone because knowing about Australia’s history is important. I know that the indigenous people were the first people to live in Australia. Indigenous people years before the English Australians did. I think we might also learn about the Australian animals, and Australian landmarks.

That’s all folks!
    Anton 🙂

20. Bailey says:

Hi everyone,

I am very excited about this topic. I like doing this topic because I know alot about history and I am good at it. It is a very interesting topic to you. I can’t wait until we are doing Australian History because Australia is so awesome and I like History. I want to learn about who found Australia and how many people are on it and how many people compared to the other countries and stuff like that.

Bye guys, Bailey

21. ollie says:

Hello 3/4’s,
    The Aboriginal people were here first and they were living with the animals and they did not harm and then when white people came they started to cut down the trees.

Why did the white people come over and start cut down the trees if the Aboriginal people were already there?

When did the white people start to come over and cut down the trees? I think it changed Australia because there were cities, and roads and lots of buildings.

Mum would like me to learn more about Aboriginal history and culture.

Bye

22. Charlie says:

Hi there bloggers,
    I don’t know very much about Australian History but I’m very interested in learning about Australian History, The first fleet came to Australia in 1788. We were settled by the English many of these people were convicts which are people that committed crimes ( some were as small as of stealing bread). I would like to know what happened during the white settlement? How did the Aboriginals cope with the white settlement?
    The Australian landscape would have changed as the white settlers would have tried to make Australia like their home in England, with buildings and roads.
    Australia is very different now, as we have a much larger population and we are modern country, although much of central Australia remains the same, as it has not been settled. Charlie.

I remember quite a lot about Australian History from secondary school, but I don’t remember too many specific dates. I would like Charlie to learn about the white settlement and what the journey would’ve been like for the first fleet. I would also like her to learn about the impact white settlement had on the Aboriginals. Ros.
    Bye from Charlie and Ros

23. Noah.D says:

Hello bloggers! It’s Noah here!
    I am really excited about the new 3/4 Inquiry topic!
    The things that I know about Australian history is that Australia was found by Captain James Cook, in 1770 and claimed it British. The first people in Australia were the Aboriginals.
    What I would like to know about white settlement in Australia is, why would Captain James Cook ‘steal’ Australia from the Aboriginals? Why couldn’t he let them be? Why did he have to change everything there?
    The stuff that I know how Australia changed was that the English started making building like in England and making factories and creating pollution. They completely wrecked the Aboriginal life.
    Australia is different, with use of buildings, technology, deforestation, less nature and more pollution.

This might be the best topic this year!
    Bye
    Noah.D

24. Daniel says:

Hi guys,

I’m looking forward to learning about Australia’s history.
    I am really going to enjoy the Australian history because when you learn about Australia we learn about the country we live in so it’s pretty exciting to learn. I want to learn about Australia because I don’t know that much about our history.
    Australia was first discovered in 1606 by a European man named Willem Janszoon. The first documented landing in Australia.
    Bye Guys

25. Adrian Becker says:

Hi everyone,

What I know about Australian history is, British migrants came to Australia from 1788 but did not bring much baggage because their boats were small. On the convict ships, there were Bibles. They were given to convicts and women. When Captain James Cook first landed in Sydney Harbour, he gave orders to start a convict colony. They saw aboriginal people. Timber were used for the construction of houses. Australia was the land of the convicts and people did not remember them as they were erased from the family tree. In New South Wales, the people would drink a lot of beer because of the poor quality of the water. The beer had a chemical that would kill bacteria. The discovery of Gold brought great wealth. Before 1851, Australia white population was approximately 77,000. Most were convicts sent by ship during 70 years.
    The gold rush changed that. Edward Hargrave discovered Gold. The flow of convicts stopped and they would no longer send prisonners to the country of Gold. The population increased to 540,000. Many immigrants started arriving in 1852.
    Australia had the ‘White Australia policy’ where only migrants from UK and other European countries were allowed in the country. In 1895 there was entry restrictions to non-whites and for many years. Australia did not want Chinese and other Asians in the country but this changed later. After the second World War, the country needed migrants as it was underpopulated. New Immigrants came mostly from Italy, Greece and Yugoslavia. In 1966 the law changed and Vietnamese refugees fleeing the Vietnam War were allowed to move to Australia. The White Australia policy ended around 1973. Australia has changed and is now a multicultural and multiracial country. It is different because there are different cultures and type of foods. There are many cultural practices. My parents know about the Australian Gold rush. They also know about the stolen generations. Aboriginal people were poorly treated and their children taken away from them. The children of white men were taken away from their Indigenous mothers after birth and given to a white family. My parents want me to learn about any battles or wars that Australia took part.

I am excited to learn about the Australian history.

Adrian

26. Emily says:

Hi 3/4s,
    Learning about Australian History is so cool. I have some wonderings – Who was the first lady to set foot in Australia? What state or territory has the largest population? Are there any natural disasters in Australia, if so, what are they?
    Well, I have nothing more to say except Bye Guys!
    From Emily B.

27. Joshua G says:

Hey Guys, Josh here,

I am here to talk to you about Inquiry next term and it sounds really cool! I know that the first person to find Australia was Captain Cook. Australia is different because it is the smallest of the five continents.

By for now!
    Josh G

28. Josh S says:

Hey Everyone!

We are having our final topic for this year! It is history. I am really interested in history. I know a lot about how the Australians played a part in world war 1 and 2. I have recently learned a lot about Nancy Wake so I would be happy if I could use that knowledge and turn it into something way more! I also know a lot about the white settlement and how Captain Cook discovered Australia. When all of the Non – Aborigines came into Australia it really affected their lives. I think that Australia has changed a lot over time and the thing that changed a lot is who was living in Australia. Australia is very different to what it was before. Now we have a lot of the British supplies because all of the aborigines just had sticks and natural weapons. My parents said that they know a lot about the first fleet and that they would like me to learn about the first fleet too.

Bye Guys!
    Josh S

29. Christian says:

Hello everyone,

I am here to give some information about the ¾’s next inquiry unit. As you know, the topic is about the history of Australia. I know a few facts such as these: Australia has the longest fence in the world which is used to protect the people from dingoes, Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world and the country of Australia used to be called Batmania. I would like find out more facts of Australia and more of the history. This is because I really want to learn about the indigenous people.

.I think Australia changed because of new inventions and ideas. The Aboriginals used to hunt for items but now people buy what they want from the shops. Australia is different because we have lots of technology and lots of things have made our lives easier.

Hi Theresa here,

I am here to tell you about what I want to know and know about the country of Australia. The Aboriginal people were here first. The others were prisoners from England. Captain Cook was the one who discovered Australia. The only thing I would really like to know about is the beautiful scenery of Australia.

See you next time bloggers
    Christian

30. Grace says:

Hi guys it’s Grace here!

I am really excited to learn about the Australian history. I am interested in learning about the Aboriginal history. I wonder how Aboriginal people celebrate Christmas. I can not wait to learn facts about the Australian history. I think Australia looks way different then now because we have strong houses and we have proper toilets. I wonder how you make a didgeridoo? Does it take a hour? I think it takes 2 hours to make a didgeridoo.

Bye bloggers

31. James S says:

Hi bloggers,

History is so big you could find out about loads of things like wars, technology development, animals and much more. People use to live here called aboriginals before we got evaded and now there are much more people than there would have been. In the past we use to have typewriters and if you made a mistake then you had to start again. I don’t know a lot about history lucky we are learning more

Bye Bloggers James out!

32. James S says:

Hi bloggers,

History is so big you could find out about loads of things like wars, technology development, animals and much more. People use to live here called Aboriginals before we got evaded and now there are much more people than there would have been. In the past we use to have typewriters and if you made a mistake then you had to start again. I don’t know a lot about history lucky we are learning more.

Bye Bloggers James out!

33. Kara.S says:

Hi everyone,
    Learning about Australia’s History sounds great! I already know lots about it, my Dad makes me read books about it.But I would like to learn more. I can not wait to hear what it was back then. I am so excited! I bet it is going to be lots of fun. I really want to get started sooner or later. Anyway it is probably the best thing we have been learning about this year. I really wish it was term 4 now . I wonder what life was like back then. I wonder What the Aborigines did back then.

See you later,
    Kara

34. campbell says:

Hi bloggers
    My mum has a special coin from the bicentennial she celebrated when she was at primary school.I don’t know much about Australian history so learning about it all will be good.
    I know that all the jails in England were filling up so they sent people who broke the law over to Australia. Captain Cook was the captain of the first boats to come here.
    By boggers
    From Campbell

35. Eva says:

Hi everyone,

I don’t know that much about Australian history so I am looking forward to learning about this topic next term. I would like to find out who discovered Australia and I would like to find out a bit of aboriginal history as well. My parents know that the English discovered Australia in the 1700s but they did not learn very much about aboriginal history at school apart from the fact that they were not treated well by the English. My parents would like me to learn more about aboriginal history since the aboriginal were the first Australians.

Bye everyone.
    From Eva

36. Andrew says:

Hi everyone

I am excited to learn all about my home country and how it was discovered. I can’t wait to learn all about the land and when it’s birthday is. I think it is important to learn about your country. I wonder who the person who found Australia is?

From Andrew

37. Dashell says:

Hi everyone

I am super excited to learn about the history of Australia because I don’t know much about it. I am looking forward to learning about the first fleet and the white settlement. I know that the Aborigines were Australia’s first people. I am also looking forward to learning more about the Aborigines and their way of life. I also wonder how Australia got its name.
    Bye everyone from Dashell

38. Sebastian says:

Hello bloggers

I find Australian history very interesting and fascinating. I love my country Australia and I love history. Here are some things I already know about Australian history,
    the Aborigines were the first people to discover and to live in Australia, they have their own language, made their own instruments and weapons. I also know indigenous means first people to live in a country. I would like to know how was Australia discovered and how did so many different nationalities come to live here. My mum is looking forward to me sharing what I have learnt with her.

Bye From Sebastian

39. Safia says:

Hi guys it Safia,
    I can’t wait to learn more about Australia’s history. We learnt a bit about Australian history last year it was great we look at St.Mark when it became a school. It was
    awesome we learnt so much. I hope we get to learn more about it this year. I hope we get to do some fun activities this year.
    Bye
    Safia

40. Lennix says:

Hey everybody,

I know that Aboriginals were the first to have life in Australia. I also know that there was a big earthquake that caused Tasmania to break away, But it is still a part of Australia.

I would want to know more about it white settlement. Specifically, when it started , how it happened, why it happened and way more.

I think Australia changed during white settlement because they brought things to Australia like animals, weapons, tools, plants and food.

Well now everything has like evolved like better food technology, better homes and different species of animals .

My Mum would like to know about the assimilation of different countries and my Dad would like to know how the different Australian states evolved.

By guys Lennix

41. Chloe Shinkfield says:

Hi everyone,

I know that the Aboriginals were the first people to live in Australia.

We would like to know when the first white settlers came to Australia and how they got here.

Australia has changed over this time because now there are many different races and cultures.

My parents know that Captain Cook was the first white settler to arrive and that he came by ship.

Bye,
    Chloe.

42. Javier Kaneleas says:

Hi guys Javier here,
    I am so exited about next term to begin Australian History for inquiry. I can’t wait to learn so much about Australian History. I know about Greek History. Did you know that Greece invented the Alphabet, Mathematics and Philosophy. Can’t wait until we start.

See you later 3/4’s by Javier.

43. Javier Kaneleas says:

Hi guys Javier here,
    I am so excited about next term to begin Australian History for inquiry. I can’t wait to learn so much about Australian History. I know about Greek History. Did you know that Greece invented the Alphabet, Mathematics and Philosophy? Can’t wait until we start!!!

See you later 3/4s by Javier.

44. Caroline says:

Hi bloggers,

It’s Caroline here. I think Australia is a great country! I know quite a bit about Australian history.

Captain Cook arrived in Australia in April 1770. He came with the white settlement and invaded Australia. He was searching for land until he discovered Australia and landed in Botany Bay. After he washed up, he decided to call the Eastern Coast New South Wales.

As you can see, I know a fair bit about Australia’s history. I’m really excited for Term 4 and our new Inquiry topic! It’ll be fun learning about Australia’s history.

Bye bloggers!

From Caroline

45. Caroline says:

Hello,

I am Adrian, Caroline’s Dad.

Is the word “invaded”, too strong a word to use?

The British were not the 1st to discover Australia, but they were the 1st to settle on this huge land which was sparsely populated. There were of course cases where they didn’t agree on things, and some of the “new” land owners were very cruel to the native Aborigines, and in some cases many died.

We cannot change the past, but we can certainly learn from it, and always try to make things better for everyone.

46. Marcos says:

Hi bloggers,
    Its Marcos here!

I know that I will love our new topic about The History of Australia. I like to read about history and fact books just like my dad.

I already know a lot about Australia and its history but I’m sure there are lots more interesting things for me to research and learn. It will also be fun to go on the excursion to the Melbourne museum. Seeing the exhibitions will help to see what things were really like.
    I know that Captain Cook settled white people in Australia from his ship called the First Fleet and that Aboriginals were the first indigenous people to live in Australia. I also know about Ned Kelly the bushranger and that he was born in December 1854, Beveridge VIC.
    From Marcos til next time

47. Patrick Hibberd says:

Hi guys Patrick here,

I am so excited to learn about Australian History as I love reading about it. Australian history is really interesting because it is actually real and it is fascinating to learn about. Do you know that Nancy Wake was an Australian and saved over 1,000 lives? Australia fought in many wars like the Vietnamese War and World War 1 & 2. I wonder if Australia will be in any more Wars like those ones?

From Patrick

48. Alex F. says:

Hello fellow bloggers Alex here,

I am very excited for our next inquiry topic and I think everyone will learn a lot.
    I think it is very important to know about the history of Australia because we should all be informed.
    Now on to answering the questions:
    What do you already know about Australian history?
    I know that Australia got invaded a few times and helped other countries in wars.
    Also there were a few Indigenous animals extinct many years ago.

Who was the first white person that came to Australia?, was it Captain Cook? Many people say that it was just invaders from different countries like Germany.

Well there was not much transportation or technology years ago.

I think Australia has changed a lot because there is a lot of multicultural people which is good because anyone can meet new people, maybe learn how to talk in languages they do not speak in.
    Australians still have a similar lifestyles even though there have been a lot of changes.E.g We are still easy going people.

What do your parents know about Australian history?
    My Mum and Dad don’t know tonnes of information about Australian history because they have got Italian parents.
    Anyway my Mum knows that the settlement in Australia was very hard for my grandparents to learn the language.

What would they like you to learn about it?
    My Mum would also like to learn more about “Australian History.”

Bye for now (But not forever),
    Alex F.

49. Estelle says:

Hi Guys,
    I’m really excited to learn about Australia because Australia is the best
    place to live in. All I know is that the Aboriginals have been in Australia longer than us.
    What I would like to learn is who named Australia, who discovered Australia, what did Australia look like 100 years ago and what did the money look like?
    I’m looking forward to learning about the history of Australia.

From Estelle
    Bye for now but not forever

50. Ethan W says:

Hello everyone,
    I think it will be very interesting to learn about the Aborigines and how the first fleet and the white settlement behaved towards each other. My parents have told me that back in those days, the people who arrived in Australia with the first fleet didn’t always treat them fairly. I’d like to know how the early settlers built their houses and how they purchased or grew their food. My parents would like me to learn how all the early settlers, including the Chinese helped shape Australia as we know it today.
    Bye for now but not forever!
    From Ethan