Growth Mindsets

During Term 3 we will continue to try and develop our growth mindsets. In each of our classes in the 3/4 area we will be referring to the following chart at the beginning, during and after our lessons, to us help us build our growth mindsets so we can be confident, independent learners who love to challenge ourselves and learn from making mistakes. Read and discuss the chart with your parents and ask your teachers if you are unsure of what any of the words mean.

mindset skillset poster

Here’s a song to help us to remember to never give up when you are facing a challenge.

Do you think you have a fixed mindset or a growth mindset when you are learning at school ?

Can you tell us how you have used a growth mindset to help you learn ?

Can you think of any times you may have had a fixed mindset ?

Could you make up a song, poem or story about any of the qualities we have when using a growth mindset ?

2 Responses to Growth Mindsets

1. Isobel says:

Hi bloggers,
    I can not wait to do growth and fixed mindset again in term 3. I love learning about growth and fixed mindset. It can help me in my own life too because I can learn from our lessons and then have a growth mindset for everything in my life. I wonder if you love growth and fixed mindset?
    Bye
    Isobel

2. Andrew says:

Hi bloggers

I mostly chose growth mindset because I don’t really think of myself as negative. My goals are to: get my pen licence, to create a speech for SRC, to make new friends, to value my time with work.

That’s my growth & fixed mindset comment!!! From Andrew