Turn Up the Heat! – Inquiry Term 3

In Term 3 the 3/4 level will be learning about physical and chemical changes and how these can effect our environment. Experiments will be conducted that focus on how solids and liquids change with the removal or adding of heat. We will also be analysing how solids, liquids and gases behave in different ways and have observable properties that help to classify them.

Our essential question that we will be exploring is:

Can physical and chemical changes impact the environment?

We are looking forward to another exciting term in 3/4 and being able to be scientists to improve our learning!

What are you looking forward to learning about in Inquiry during Term 3?

Do you have any questions about our topic?

31 Responses to Turn Up the Heat! – Inquiry Term 3

1. Emilia says:

Hi Guys,
    I am excited about doing the topic turn up the heat in T3. I am looking forward to this Friday the 15th of July, because we are doing experiments all day. I heard that in 3/4S experiment you get to keep something but I don’t know what it is. I hope that all of them are fun. I wonder what experiments we will be doing on Friday?
    From, Emilia.

2. sienna says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am looking forward to learning about lots of different experiments that I have never ever heard of before. I am just wondering who thought of the idea of doing science experiments?
    Why did you think that we should do experiments for all the kids to have a mess around with? I am looking forward to doing it!!

By for now but not for ever!! From Sienna

3. Kaitlin says:

Hi bloggers! It’s Kaitlin here!
    I am so excited for the topic this term called “Turn Up The Heat”. I am especially excited to do the experiments with the teachers all day. For this project I am going to make it as best I can this term. I am very curious of what we might be doing and very excited. I am looking forward to what I might learn about this topic.
    Bye for now but not forever

4. Mitchell says:

Hi ¾’s Mitchell here

This term in Inquiry I am looking forward to experimenting with hot and cold.
    Also I’m looking forward to learning about chemistry. Also I would like to learn about physical and chemical reactions. My first question is, How do physical and chemical reactions work? My second question is, How does something melted into a liquid become a solid again?

Bye for now 3/4‘s

5. Jack says:

Hello ¾,

This term our topic is Turn up the heat. This topic is all about melting and freezing things and lots more. I am looking forward to doing lots of experiments and trying to find things out. It is going to be hard to come up with a complex question. I am so excited to do science.

Until next time that’s all folks!!

Jack

6. Dante says:

Hey everyone,
    I can’t wait to learn about this topic.
    I’m really interested in this topic because it is so interesting. I’m excited to learn this because I like learning about experiments.
    I also like learning about science because it is so awesome.

Bye guys.

7. Will says:

Hello guys Will here,

I am looking forward to the SCIENCE DAY!!!!!!!!
    Because it well be AWESOME!!!
    I am also looking forward to hopefully melting CHOCOLATE!
    I have a question for our inquiry topic.
    Why might metal not catch fire?

By for now but not forever guys.

8. WilliamB says:

Hi everybody,
    I am looking forward to learning about chemistry. Did you know about EXPERIMENT DAY? Because I do, we are doing experiments every lesson. I wonder what experiments were doing . Are you EXCITED? Because I am Excited.
    From William

9. Alex.k says:

Hello everybody,
    This team we are learning about science which I am very excited about. Science is very important in our life sometimes because they can look at food and see if it is healthy to eat.
    The only thing I am interested in is science because I love experiments. People learn lots of new things from science.

Made by Alex.k

10. Mia says:

Hi it’s Mia K
    I am excited for this terms inquiry topic science!. I love to do experiments and find out how things combined and all of that sort of stuff. I can’t wait until friday and when we look at all the physical and chemical changes and how they can effect the environment. I also can’t wait to find out how solids and liquids change with the heat or with no heat. I am looking forward for seeing how solids, liquids and gases behave in different ways.

Bye for now but not forever!
    Mia K 🙂

11. Isobel says:

Hi bloggers,
    What are we doing in Inquiry this semester?
    Turn up the heat is our topic for this semester and it is all about solid, liquids and gasses. I think this topic will be great because I love doing experiments and learning all about chemical stuff. The question we are trying to solve is, Can physical and chemical changes impact the environment? I can not wait for this topic! I have a question that I want to discover as well and that is, How do all the chemicals connect to the world?
    Bye
    From Isobel

12. Caroline says:

Hi Bloggers!

It’s Caroline. I’m here to tell you about Physical and Chemical Science because it is our Inquiry topic for Term 3! I’m so glad the teachers chose this for our subject because I really love science and explosions. Even though we’ve only had a few lessons, I feel like I’ve discovered so much already! I hope you bloggers have learnt as much as me, because I definitely have leant a lot so far. I hope you guys like this subject as much as I do! Bye!

From Caroline

13. Jayda says:

Hey everyone Jayda here,
    So this semester in Turn up the Heat I am looking forward to be seeing and trying different experiments. I am looking forward to how many tries it will take and looking forward to see if there are more changes after the experiment and how it might work. Bye Bye, bloggers – Jayda.

14. Nicholas says:

Hi everyone

I am looking forward to doing the science experiments because science is interesting! The topic Turn Up the Heat is an interesting subject. I want to do more topics about this subject. I like the idea that the teachers came up with, to let us do experiments for a whole day.I like the idea so much I want to do this topic for this term. I think a lot of people like this topic more than me. The days that we are going to do inquiry, I will love.

Bye for know but not forever

15. Brandon D says:

Hello bloggers!
    Brandon here.

I am looking forward to this Inquiry unit. I am looking forward to doing lots of experiments on Friday! I hope I will have lots of fun that day because doing experiments is fun. There is one question that I am wondering which is, Why does heat give us energy? So I hope you can try answering my question and have a good time on Friday!

Bye!

16. Dante says:

Hi it’s Dante,

This term I’m excited to learn about chemical reactions because I watch Backyard Scientist on youtube. He does experiments with chemical reactions and it looks cool. This term I’m looking forward to making a project about it. My question is, Why does nearly everything get power from the sun/heat?

Dante’s out.

17. Ryan says:

Hello Bloggers,

I am looking forward to learning about our inquiry topic. I really want to learn a lot from turn up the heat because I can learn a few things that I have never heard of. I wonder why does the sun heat up so much? I am really looking forward to doing an inquiry project about our topic!!!!

From Ryan.D

18. Charlotte.D says:

Hi guys it’s Charlotte here,

I’m really excited to learn about chemical change. I’m really looking forward to learning, experimenting and watching lots of different things. I think that this topic would be really interesting and unique to learn about because we haven’t done anything like this before. Chemical change is probably one of my favourite inquiry topics at school because it is so amazing to learn about. I can’t wait to learn more about our new topic.

See you later,
    Charlotte

19. Josh S says:

Hey Bloggers!

I have recently been told that we are going to be learning about science. Our topic is called, “Turn Up the heat”. I am really excited because this a topic that I have never learned about! I have always wondered about science and how things work! I have some questions that I need the answer to. My first question is ‘How was the sun formed?’ I would be really happy if someone answers that question. My second and final question is ‘How many experiments are there in the world?’ Well that looks like that is all that I have to say here! Hopefully the next time you hear from me I will know so much about science.

See You Later!
    Josh

20. Crystal says:

Hi fellow bloggers!
    It’s Crystal here,
    I am looking forward to mixing chemicals together and learning about them because some chemicals have very fascinating colours and when you mix a few of them they explode! Some of the chemicals I already know are alcohol (not the drinking one) and borax. Are we going to mix rare chemicals? Are we going to make chemicals? Are we going to make an explosion?
    Those are my questions and bye for now.
    Crystal

21. Georgina says:

Hi Guys it’s Georgina.

This term we are learning about chemical changes. The questions I have about this topic are: Why is it that when something is cold the chemicals move very slowly? Why are chemicals so small in foods and drinks? The thing that I am looking forward to learning in inquiry is mixing all of the chemicals together and to find out what happens with them.

Bye for now, Georgina

22. Manya says:

Hi 3/4s,
    In Inquiry we are learning about Chemical reactions. On Tuesday we learnt about solids, liquids and gases.
    Today we learnt that a liquid such as water can evaporate into a gas which is called water vapour.
    Bye and see you next time from Manya
    3/4 KU.

23. Eva says:

Hi 3/4’s,
    In inquiry this term we are going to learn about chemical reactions. On Monday we did a brainstorm on melt and freeze and on Tuesday we learnt about solids, liquids and gases. I love chemical reactions. I hope that this topic is going to be so much fun. I hope you all have fun on this topic too.

From Eva 3/4 KU

24. Jessica H says:

Hi 3/4s

Last term I really enjoyed learning about all the different States in Australia and our neighbors. But, this term I am really excited to learn about chemical reactions, and how it reacts to heat. I have already learnt a bit about fire and things that melt, and I have learnt a bit about water and how it freezes. We are also learning about solids, liquids and gases.

I hope you all have fun learning about chemical reactions and how they react to the heat.

From Jessica 3/4Ku

25. Angelique says:

Hi everyone,
    This term we are learning about physical and chemical changes. So far we are learning about what melts and what freezes and solids liquids and gases. Also on Friday we get to do experiments.

Very interesting…
    Angelique

26. Rooney says:

Hi everybody! Rooney here!

I’m a huge fan of science, so this is a lovely surprise for me! The part I love about science is that you don’t know what lies ahead for you. And we’re going to learn so many things and I am really excited, so I can’t wait to do some experiments on Friday!

Bye for now but not forever!
    Rooney.

27. Olivia.A says:

Hi everyone

In term 3 we are learning about chemical reactions. We are learning about solids, liquids and gases and I am having fun so far. I would love to learn more about it. I want to know about chemical reactions so it can make my brain grow.

Bye from Olivia

28. joseph says:

Hello bloggers
    It’s Joseph here,
    I am really looking forward to the turn up the heat end of topic project because I wonder what it will be about and it will be fun because I love end of topic projects. I also wonder how long does it take for water to freeze naturally. I really want to put a Mentos in a bottle of Pepsi and watch the explosion.

Bye from Joseph

29. Georgie says:

Hey guys it’s Georgie here,

I am looking forward to this topic so much because I have a feeling I will learn a lot about it. What I am really looking forward to learn about is what the chemical reactions are going to do in the experiments. Some of the questions I have in mind are- Why do chemicals react to other chemicals?, What two chemicals make the biggest reaction? And last but not least Why are there such things as reactions?

Thank for reading, bye!

30. Talia says:

Hi guys It’s Talia here,

I am so excited to learn knew experiments. I can’t wait to see which chemical reactions we are going to do.
    I am looking forward to learning new information and seeing people’s reactions to what happens and to see changes and to learn knew experiments. I wonder how long some of the experiments might take to work?

Bye for now

31. will M says:

Hi 3/4s

I have a growth mindset because I like a challenge.
    And I never give up because I’m a good learner.
    I like reading and I think it is fun and I reckon I have a growth mindset in reading.
    But I sometimes I get frustrated.

Bye for now
    From Will M