T2 Inquiry: Australia and Our Neighbours

The 3/4’s Inquiry focus for Term 2 is Community: Australia and Our Neighbours. Throughout this unit we will be investigating a number of different features and diverse characteristics of  Australia and its neighbouring countries. These include analysing and comparing types of vegetation, native animals, main climates, major natural and human characteristics, types of settlement and the location of these neighbouring countries.

We will also be exploring how having similarities and differences with other countries can influence how we live. In turn we hope everyone will understand that living harmoniously with our neighbours encourages shared values, which creates a sense of belonging to a world community.

What are you most excited about learning about this term?

What other things about Australia and its neighbours do you want to learn?

Why do you think it is important to learn about Australia and its neighbours?

93 Responses to T2 Inquiry: Australia and Our Neighbours

1. Christian says:

Hey everyone

I am excited that we are learning about Australia and Asia. I am more interested in learning about Asia because I already know about Australia. I want to know about who discovered the countries in Asia and some facts about them. It’s important to learn about them because you might visit the countries one day so at least you know something about it. I do know a few facts about Asia such as Japan is part of Asia.

From Christian.

2. Taso says:

Hi blogger’s,
    I’m looking forward to learning about Australia, our neighbours and what languages they speak. I also find it interesting how many different languages are spoken in Australia, it’s so amazing that so many different culture live here!

From Taso

3. Bayden says:

Hello fantastic 3/4s.

I think Australia is awesome and want to learn more about it. What I like about Australia is that it has a lot of landmarks like mountains, waterfalls, statues. One day I would like to climb Ayers rock and the Sydney harbour bridge. I know Australia’s neighbours and they are Asia and New Zealand.I would like to know more about them and I would also like to know more about Australian animals.
    From Bayden

4. Alexander.C says:

Hello fellow blogger Alex here,

Australia is a pretty big country Australia has lots of neighbours like Asia but i’m really excited to learn about this topic because I haven’t covered much about the topic Australia. In reading I have been learning about the Indigenous and Aboriginal culture and there was a lot of languages before the United Kingdom invaded Australia which saved us from being invaded from Russia.

Bye for now but not forever!

Alex:)

5. Mitchell says:

Hi ¾

I’m posting about our new inquiry topic “Australia and our Neighbours”. In inquiry I would really enjoy learning about Australia and other countries that we one day may go and visit. So I think we are learning about this topic because we may need to know some of their facts. I really hope you are excited too.

Good bye for now

6. Noah Ma says:

Hi 3/4 bloggers,

I am excited to learn about Australia and our neighbours because it sounds interesting. I want to learn about who our neighbours are and more about Australia. It is important to understand about our neighbours because we can learn what their culture is about. eg. their food, clothes, music and lifestyle.

Bye For Now.
    By Noah 😉

7. Alex.k says:

Hi guys,
    Learning about Australia and neighbour is very interesting for me and maybe for you too. I like learning this and learning the neighbours of Australia like New Zealand is fun. We learn about Australia because it’s where we live and we need to know our surroundings and neighbours. There are animals that represent Australia like Kangaroos and a Koalas.
    So that’s I have to say so BYE
    Alex.k

8. Josh S says:

Hello bloggers Josh here!

In term 2 this year I am really looking forward to learning about Australia and our neighbours! I don’t really know much about it yet and I really hope I will have learnt a lot by the end of term 2. I am the most excited about learning the famous landmarks of Australia and our neighbours and many more things too! This topic seems really interesting and exciting too. So far I have learnt a lot about the capital cities and states but I am going to learn a lot more!

Bye for now but not forever!
    Josh

9. katia says:

Hi 3/4 its katia,
    I’ve been learning about Australia and our neighbours I really do want to learn about them because I don’t know a lot about all the landmarks and all the other things in Australia. I also like learning about our country because it’s a beautiful country even if there is rubbish everywhere, I think everybody should clean up by themself if they want to make it how it use to be.
    From katia, Bye but not forever

10. Sienna says:

Hey it’s Sienna here,

I can’t wait until we learn more about our country and our neighbors can’t you? Well I think I am going to learn a lot because I don’t know that much about our country and our neighbors. it’s going to be very fun and
    Interesting because we have never learned about this before.

By for now but not for ever From Sienna

11. Charlotte.D says:

Hi guys Charlotte here,

I can not wait to learn more about all the states of Australia. I think it would be a really good experience for me to find out all these different states in Australia. I really enjoy seeing where all the states are, I find it extremely cool! So I hope we can learn more about Australia and our Neighbours.

Byeeeee!

12. Josh G says:

Hi bloggers,

I really like the topic Australia and their neighbors because we get to learn about Australia and Asia. I think it is important to learn these countries because we can’t just know about one country, it wouldn’t be fun and not interesting. But learning about two topics at once makes it more interesting and fun to learn about! That is why I like the topic we are learning about!!!!!!!!!

By bloggers, Josh out!

13. Noah says:

Hey guys, it’s Noah D. here!
    Australia is the only country I’ve been to and I know a lot about it. Some of our neighbours around our country are really good ones. Such as: Asia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. They are some of our neighbors around our country! Australia is the second largest country that I mentioned.
    These are some Aussie landmarks, man made and not: Uluru, Eureka Skydeck, Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef. This is probably the best inquiry topic we’ve had yet this year!
    Bye! See you guys at school! Noah.D

14. Patrick says:

Hi guys,
    I am excited about learning about Australia and all of our neighbours because I am interested in all of the states of Australia. I am also excited to learn about the different parts of Australia and our neighbours. I want to learn about all of the cities and landmarks that Australia and our neighbours have. I think it is important to learn about Australia and Its neighbours because we live in Australia and we can teach other people about what we have learnt.
    Patrick

15. Olivia says:

Hi blogger’s
    I find it really interesting how we are learning about our country Australia. We do fun activities and find out all about our states and cities. We learn about all parts of Australia. One thing that I found really interesting was that Western Australia takes up most of Australia. I have learnt some new facts on our country and states, for example I never knew the Canberra was created because Sydney and Victoria couldn’t figure out where the government should stay. At first when we heard that we were learning about this I wasn’t too excited but then I realised that after a few lessons you will find that you want to learn more and are hooked on it.
    By from Olivia

16. Shona Wills says:

Hi Bloggers,

I am excited to learn about Australia and our Neighbours. It will be interesting to learn more about our neighbours as I did a 10 day road trip on the west side of Australia; New South Wales, Queensland, Canberra and Victoria.

This will be a fun as we have a beautiful country to learn from.

Shona 3/4c

17. Bianca.m says:

Hi everyone,

I had fun learning about Australia and our neighbours. I learnt that in Australia there is 7 states.
    I hope to learn about Australia’s native animals because I think it is interesting and would love to learn about them. I would like to learn about Australia’s Tasmanian tiger and why it is extinct.
    I know that we are going to learn about our neighbours who are Asia and how Australia compares to them eg. animals, food, flowers.

Thanks all Bianca

18. Talia says:

Hi bloggers it’s Talia here.
    Australia is the lucky country as it is a multicultural country. We have all types of nationalities from around the world. I would love to learn about the different cultures and environments of our neighbours like Asia and the pacific islands. We have so much to learn about our neighbours and I’m sure it would be interesting.

Bye for now
    Talia (-:

19. Michael says:

Hi Guys,
    I am excited to learn about Australia’s landmarks, especially Uluru and the Great Barrier Reef. I would like to know how long it would take to climb Uluru. I would also like to learn about the Great Barrier Reef because I hope to visit my auntie, who lives near there one day, and want to know what to expect. I am very excited to be working on this new Inquiry topic.
    Michael

20. Hayley says:

Hi guys it’s Hayley,

This term for inquiry we are learning about Australia and Asia. I am really interested on learning about both countries because I don’t know much about them. I really want to learn more about Asia because Asia is an interesting country. I think our topic that we’re learning is going to be really fun and interesting.

Bye for now!

• Ms Mirabella says:

Hi Hayley,

Just so you know Asia is actually a continent with many countries in it. I’m glad you are looking forward to this unit.

From Ms Mirabella

21. Jessica says:

Hey blogger’s,
    In Inquiry this term we’re learning about Australia and Asia
    I’m really excited to learn about this topic I realised that I didn’t know much
    about Australia or Asia. So this term I’m hoping to learn a lot about Australia and Asia and I’m sure I will! I never knew there was lots of places in Australia , I’m hoping to learn more about the states in Australia. Australia is important because it’s where people live , it has things that is not in other places and Australia is very unique. Why do we have different parts of Australia and why can’t it just be a big country!
    Bye for now but not forever!
    Jessica

22. Javier says:

20/4/2016

Hi Bloggers Javier here,

I am so excited to be learning about Australia and especially Asia. I went to Malaysia when I was 1 years old. I also went to Thailand when I was nearly two and then again when I was six years old. I loved eating chicken satay and I got to have a ride on an elephant, I felt nervous but I still enjoyed it. We also got to ride in a tuk tuk with very loud music! I would love to go back to Thailand!
    Bye bloggers but not forever
    See you later guys in 3/4F

23. Savannah says:

Hey bloggers,

This Term I am most excited about learning about the different countries around Australia. I’m looking forward to seeing what different countries are like compared to Australia.

I want to learn the different types of foods they eat and what makes it different to the food that we eat everyday.

I think that it’s important to learn about Australia and its neighbors because we find out what their lives are like and how much different it is.

Thanks for reading,
    Savannah

24. Daniel says:

Hey Guys,

In Inquiry I am excited to learn about Australia and Asia.
    Australia and Asia are interesting countries to learn about.
    Australia is made up of 7 states and Asia is made up of many little countries.
    I have been to Thailand which is in Asia. Other countries in Asia are China, Japan, Vietnam and Indonesia and maybe I can visit them one day. My Nanna and Aunty are going to Vietnam this month for a holiday.

From Daniel

25. Chloe says:

Hi 3/4s

I am excited to learn about Australia and its neighbours. I’m interested in learning about the different states within Australia , I know I live in Victoria but I would like to know what sort of things are in other states. One of our neighbours is Asia and I would like to learn about the Asian culture. I’m interested in learning about what food they eat and what they do for fun.
    Bye from Chloe

26. Mia says:

Hi bloggers,

I want to learn about all the cities in Australia and how they were built. I want to learn about Asia and if they were a part of Australia. I hope we will learn about this over time. Is Australia the best place to live in the world and why?
    Bye for now but not forever
    Mia M 3/4F

27. Harrison Bodo says:

Hi everyone! I am super excited to learn about Australia and our neighbours in Asia. I am glad we are learning about them both because they are our neighbours and we live in Australia and so we should know more about where we live. It is important to be proud and know about your own country and the different things in it. We have deserts, we have forests and we have beaches, not too many countries have all these amazing things, like in Hungary they have only a lake and no beach. My family want to go to Bali so I want to know more about holiday places in Asia. Keep up the good work guys! from Harrison

28. Ethan W is awesome says:

Hi Everybody
    I have had fun learning about Australia and its neighbours. I am most excited to learn about New Zealand and Tasmania because I do not know a lot about them yet. My mum and dad visited New Zealand before I was born and said it was very beautiful. They visited the cathedral before it was destroyed by an earthquake. I also want to learn about the differences between Australian Aboriginals and the Maoris which are the Aboriginals of New Zealand. In Reading we are learning about all the different type of languages that were spoken in Australia by the Aboriginals. I also liked doing the map activity where you had to draw your house and the key things for it on a map of Australia.
    Bye for now
    Ethan

29. Bailey says:

Hi, Bailey here,
    I like the new topic Australia and Asia because I like learning about countries and states.
    I already knew lots of things about Australia and the neighborhood and I learnt even more. I learnt that there are lots of states in Australia. I hope you like the topic. In Australia and our neighborhood people live there so it is special to us and the people that live there. There are lots of places I would like to go to in Australia like the theme parks in Queensland and other places too.

Bye Bailey

30. Jessica H says:

Hi 3/4s,

I am really excited to learn about the different states and languages Australia has. Asia is also very interesting to me because of the many different countries and cultures. I want to learn more about Asia this year because I know nothing about it, except for the food! I am really looking forward to understanding how unique Asia and Australia are.

Bye for now
    Jessica H

31. Marcos says:

Hello bloggers it’s Marcos,
    I love Australia, it is an awesome country. I have been to some countries in Asia and other states in our beautiful country. But there is still so much to explore and learn. I am looking forward to learning more about this topic in this term.
    Bye for now but not forever,
    Marcos

32. Alex.F says:

Hi Alex here,
    I am excited to be learning about Australia and its neighbors because I know a lot about Australia but not Asia or any of the other neighbours. Some of the things I know about Australia is that it is more hot at the top of Australia where Darwin is but there is a big weather difference for us in Melbourne. I also know lots of states in Australia like Queensland, Western Australia, Northern Territory, South Australia, New South Wales and Victoria.
    Bye for now but not forever. Alex!

33. Estelle says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am excited to learn about our neighbors because I don’t know who they are. I want to learn who our neighbors are and all about them.
    It is important to learn about our neighbors because we live close to them and need to get along with them.I wonder which countries are closest to Australia.

From Estelle

34. Hudson says:

Hey ¾ bloggers

Im very excited to learn about Australia and our neighbours. What I am looking forward to the most is how we compare to our neighbouring countries and the differences we have. It will be interesting to learn about the animals that live in the other countries and to discover the different cultures and languages. It is important to learn all this as it will help us if we get to visit these places in the future.

Bye ¾ s 🙂

35. Thomas L says:

Hi all,

I am looking forward to learning all about our neighbours overseas. I want to learn about their culture and what food they eat. I also want to learn what languages they speak. I am also excited to know and learn more about Australia because it’s my favourite country.

Bye for now Thomas L

36. Manya says:

Hi Guys,
    I am looking forward to learning about other cultures and their traditional food. It is interesting to learn about Australia and our landmarks. Every continent has different fauna,flora and landmarks. I am also looking forward to learn about the traditional culture of Australia.

By guys see you next time from Manya !

37. Caroline says:

Hi Bloggers!

It’s Caroline and Term 2’s topic for Inquiry is Australia and it’s neighbors. I really am looking forward to learn about the flora, fauna and many more! Today I learnt that the flora has to do with flowers like Wattle! The fauna has everything to do with animals like the kangaroo, the kookaburra and the possum! So bloggers, I hope you enjoyed learning about Australia as much as I did! Bye!

From Caroline

38. jana says:

Hi bloggers my name is Jana

I am here to talk to you about Australia and our neighbours. Our states are Queensland, Western Australia, Northern Territory, South Australia, New South Wales and Asia is our neighboring continent . I am excited to learn about the differences between Victoria and all the other states. Today I learnt about Japan and we made passports. Did you know people in Japan wash their face with rice. We also learnt about the food they eat and what they were and what they like to do.

That’s all for now by.

39. Nathan says:

Hi 3/4’s it’s Nathan here

I have learned so far about the countries in Asia. Japan is my favorite so far I have learned the Japanese people wash there face with rice and they have rice with every meal.The food there looks yum there’s rice kebabs and many more.I want to learn about the other countries like India, Thailand and many more.
    Fun fact about Japan: Japan is 10 000 BC years old.

Good bye 3/4’s
    From Nathan

40. Ava says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am so excited to be learning about Australia and our neighbours. I think that it is a good idea to be learning about where we grow up and where we come from. I am excited because I do not know a lot about Australia and our country. So this is why I think it is a good idea to learn about Australia and our neighbours. Today I learned about I ndia and it was awesome. I found out about the food and animals in India.
    Bye From Ava

41. Jayda says:

Hey all students from ¾ level Jayda here. Is everyone so excited to learn about Australia and our neighbours? Well I am I thought it was a good topic did you? Today I learnt all about India. I learnt all about henna. I am excited to know different parts around Australia because it might be interesting to learn different things that I don’t know so yeah, see all of you next time when I post a blog.

From Jayda.