Cross Country

Last Friday the whole of St. Mark’s participated in Cross Country. The entire school was filled with team spirit as all the sport houses cheered and chanted for their teams, which apparently could be heard all the way from the Dingley shops!

All the teachers were very proud of the students as they could see competitors  challenging themselves, demonstrating  good sportsmanship and congratulating everyone that ran. Every student should be very proud of their efforts!

A big thank you to Mr. Snell for organising the day and a big congratulations to Brigid who came out on top this year!

photo (2) photo (3) photo photo (1)

Give an example of how you showed sportsmanship on the day ?
What is your goal for next cross country ?
Who do you think will win the spirit award ?

13 Responses to Cross Country

1. Safia says:

Hello bloggers. I like the medals that have been handed out. Next year I think a different team will get the award. Good luck to everyone. Have fun running. I think next year we should show a lot more sportsmanship to the teams. I have a goal to get under nine. Do you have a goal for next year cross country?

By Safia

2. Christian says:

Hi everyone

On Cross Country day I hope you all had fun!
    Well done to each team because everyone tried their hardest. I like the medals they gave out because they are bronze silver and gold. I think Brigid will win the spirit award because they cheered a lot.

By Christian.

3. cailani says:

Hello bloggers,

Great job to everyone who participated in cross country this year in 2015. Also congratulations to everyone who made it to top 10 in cross country, as well as people who made it to district. I would also like to thank Mr Snell and teachers as well as parents for making this day possible.

From Cailani

4. Lachlan says:

Dear fellow bloggers,

Congratulations to Bridgit house for winning the cross country at St. Mark’s! I showed sportsmanship on the day because I shook hands with all the participants of the cross country. My goal is to have better stamina on the cross country day next year. I think Claire will win because they cheered the loudest even though everyone cheered really loudly! Claire was mostly standing at the side of the running track and cheering so that is also why I think Claire will win the Spirit award.
    See ya later!!!!!

From Lachlan

5. Emily says:

Hi Everyone,
    It’s Emily here from 3/4MC. Last week I participated in the District Cross Country at Karkarook Park. There were 90 people who were running in our age group. The race was fast to begin with, but then people slowed down. I found it quite challenging, but it was ok. I came sixth, right behind Bianca A. When I was running I overtook two people right at the end of the race. There are 12 students from St Marks that will be racing again next Wednesday in the Division Cross Country. I am excited, but nervous. I would like to thank Mr Snell for helping the students train to get better at running.
    From Emily

6. justin x says:

Hello bloggers ,
    Justin here

This year I competed in the cross country for school and I came 2nd and I showed good sportsmanship by shaking peoples hand, Everyone had sportsmanship. Last week I competed for St.Marks and there were a lot of people and I came 9th so I’m going on the 3rd of June to do zones for the first time. My goal was is to get into zones and I did. My goal for next year is to beat my place. I think all the teams might have a chance of winning the spirit award mostly I think Clare will because they cheered the loudest.

bye for now but not forever!
    Justin

7. Charlie says:

Hey bloggers Charlie here,

Congratulations to everybody who took part in cross country. I was very proud of myself for coming top 15. Clare was very unlucky but we had a lot of people away. I think Clare will win the spirit award. I showed sportsmanship by helping someone up, my goal for next cross country is to come in the top 10.
    See you later Charlie

8. Megan says:

Hey guys it’s Megan here!
    Sportsmanship was great I saw people cheering as runners ran past! And how people were cheering for their house colour and how captains were giving out stickers.
    Next year I would try and practise more running so I could be in districts.
    I think Kolbe or Francis will get the spirit award because they showed good sportsmanship on cross country day!

9. Dante says:

Hey bloggers it’s Dante here.

Hello I love cross country because I am a long distant runner.
    I love it so much but I’m not too fast, I’ve only made it in the top ten twice.
    When I was in Prep I was sick so I only came 11th and Dori came 10th.
    My friends are really fast and I’m only faster than 7 people.

I’m out bloggers.
    Dante

10. Megan says:

Hey guys it’s Megan here!
    Bye for now!

11. Jack says:

Hi guys Jack here.
    Congrats to all the boys and girls that made it to district and made it to zones!!
    Also good job to the people that tried to make it too.
    I tried to get into district this year but some of the grade 3’s and 4’s beat me so I did not get into the top 10!
    Hopefully next year!!!
    I’m going now bye!
    -Jack 🙂

12. Rogan says:

Hi it’s Rogan,
    I just wanted to say congratulations to all the people that made it into district and zone. And if you did not make it good job for trying your hardest. I hope next year you improve your result and get more points so your team can win and get the trophy. If your team don’t win make sure you be a good sport and say good job.
    Bye for now

13. Tyler says:

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to congratulate all the kids who participated in cross country. Also the runners that made it into the top 10. So here’s a tip: At the start of the race jog and maybe halfway through start sprinting, because you don’t want to waste all of your energy at the start because if everybody starts sprinting halfway, then you will probably get left behind because you wasted all of your energy at the start of the race.
    I really like cheering on the other people in my house, Kolbe! GO KOLBE!!!

Tyler