ANZAC Day – 25th April

On ANZAC Day, we remember the sacrifice servicemen and women have made for our country.  This year marks the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipolli.  There will be many Dawn Service Ceremonies and marches around the country on Saturday the 25th of April.

Lest We Forget.

Have any members of your family fought in a war?

How does your family remember their service?

What can you do to remember people who have fought in wars?

2 Responses to ANZAC Day – 25th April

1. Vivien says:

Hello everyone, I think ANZAC day is a very good time of year to think about/remember all the soldiers who fought in the war. My grandmother was a nurse in the war and I am very lucky that she is still alive. Every year on ANZAC day my family goes to an ANZAC day dawn service, even if we are on holiday. Some shops are selling badges for ANZAC day that you can pin onto your top and it donates money to people who have had one of their family members in the war. See you later, from Vivien 🙂

2. Thu says:

Hello fellow bloggers,

I personally think that ANZAC day is very special because it reminds us of the brave man who fought in the war and the caring mums. What I did on the day was I did the one minute silence and I went to this graveyard and put some poppy on one of my ancestors who fought for the war. Thank you for all of those who fought in the war. LEST WE FORGET.

By for now but not forever.