Digital Literacy

Hello fellow bloggers it’s Skye here,

The start to the this year has been really exciting. All the 3/4’s have 1 to 1 laptops to learn with which is different to last year. We have used them for all our subjects.The  ¾ portal is really cool .This is where we find some of our lessons. It gives us all the instructions so we know what we are doing.We have also been doing a lot of blog posts, it is really fun because you get to tell the world all about your ideas! Already our skills are improving!

What has been the best part of having your own Chromebook or ultra book ?

Have your I.C.T skills improved so far?

How do you think your Chromebook/Ultra book is going to help you learn at school and home?

10 Responses to Digital Literacy

1. Charlotte .F. says:

Hi 3/4’s it’s Charlotte here,
    I think that the best part of having a Chrome book is that you get to use it for most lessons you have. My I.C.T skills have improved because I have been on my laptop alot, so I am getting faster at typing. I think that the Chrome books and Ultra books are good for school and at home because we get to do some of our homework on our laptop and also work on it at school for learning. I hope everyone is happy with their laptops and I hope everyone loves to use them.

From Charlotte

2. Miss David says:

Hello 3/4 bloggers,
    I think you’re very lucky to be part of the 1 to 1 laptop program. It is fantastic that you are able to use your Chromebook/Ultrabook in different subject areas. The 3/4 portal sounds interesting as well. Would you recommend that we have a portal for the 1/2 students?
    Miss David

3. vy says:

Hi fellow bloggers it’s Vy,
    My favourite part of my own chromebook was that we get to use them for nearly all our lessons. My ICT skills improved because I learnt how to make a bookmark. Another skill I improved on was that my typing has gotten faster. I think my Chromebook will help me with going on Mathletics because usually I have to wait after my mum but now I can go on Mathletics whenever.

Bye for now!

4. jana says:

Hi this is Jana here.
    This year I am very lucky to have a chromebook for a few reasons. I do not have to share it with other students. I can use it during the weekend as well. I can get information quickly and I am happy to have one. Hope you all feel the same way.

Jana.

5. jana says:

Hi this is Jana here.
    This year I am very lucky to have a chromebook for a few reasons. I do not have to share it with other students. I can use it during the weekend as well. I can get information quickly, and I am happy to have one. Hope you all feel the same way.

Jana.

6. Paul says:

Hello bloggers!
    The best part of having my own Chromebook is that I get to do awesome things with it and learn about Digital literacy.
    My ICT skills have improved a lot in the past few weeks because I have learnt how to share documents.Also how to change my background on Gmail and on my computer. I love Chromebooks!
    From Paul 🙂

7. Joshua G says:

Hi guys and girls,

I think having the ultrabook/chromebook is really good to use and is fun too. The best part is that it gets to be yours for the year and so on. Ultrabooks and chromebooks are the same thing but the ultrabook takes longer to load so it will take longer to get started on your work.

By Josh G

8. Aaron says:

Hello everyone,

The best part of having a chomebook is that you don’t have to share with everyone. We don’t always have to do work in our books and we get to bring them home every night. I can even type faster now and l have learnt about new apps and what they do.

My chomebook helps me to learn more at school and home because there are a lot more educational programs that make it fun to learn.

Bye for now

Aaron

9. justin x says:

Hello bloggers,
    I really enjoy the fact that I have my own chromebook that I am responsible for. I think it has helped me learn more about technology and what i can and can’t do.I think it is really good that we have computer so we can do things easy and fast. It is really fun using the computer.

Bye for now !

10. Matthew says:

Hi bloggers it is Matthew here,

I agree that computers are a great idea for many things. It gives us some responsibility. At this young age we might grow more mature and careful with fragile things! But I do wonder if our eyes will get damaged and cause us to need glasses? Which makes me wonder if it is good or bad for us? So those are my thoughts and please share your thoughts as well.

Matthew out.