ART

This year we have an Art lesson every Tuesday. At the moment we are experimenting with how to use lines in our drawings to create depth and texture. The 3/4 children have used their new skills to create these amazing pictures.

Art 11

Art 2 Art 3 Art 4 Art 5 Art 10

What have you discovered during our Art lessons ?

Do you prefer to work with black and white or colour when you are drawing ?

Do you find listening to music helpful during Art lessons ?

43 Responses to ART

1. jasmine says:

Hello it’s Jasmine here,
    I loved that we got to start doing lines in
    art and it was a very fun activity and it was
    a challenge too.
    I loved the circles the most because we could do any line pattern
    and with the tree picture and the hills you had to draw lines and
    trees. There were rules to follow and the lines had to be horizontal
    or vertical.
    That’s my idea of it.
    From Jasmine

2. Mia says:

Hi it’s Mia,

When I draw I like to use coloured textas and pencils because it makes the picture brighter and more interesting . I love art it’s always fun to do!

Bye for now but not forever!!

3. vy says:

Hi fellow bloggers,
    I think the art lessons were amazing and fun . The pictures looked awesome when finished. I would really love to do more things like this. I think I would prefer black and white. Listening to music was actually really helpful . The way music helped was because it relaxed me.

Bye for now.

4. James' Mum says:

Dear Mrs Kelly,

Thanks for posting the pictures of some of the art work produced by 3/4 students. They have done some really great work. I’ll be keeping my eye out for what other masterpieces our budding 3/4 artists produce!

Regards, Sam (James’ Mum, 3/4MC)

• Mrs Kelly says:

Thanks Sam. The teachers are really enjoying the art lessons too. We love seeing how creative the children can be.

5. Seth says:

Hi bloggers,
    The art looks awesome and art makes you calm like meditation. I like the lines and the black and white because It stands out together. The coloured art is all lines and it looks great when you have it close together. How I did mine I created my own patterns to represent myself.
    From:Seth

6. lachlan says:

Dear fellow bloggers, Lachlan here,

The arts lessons are going great! It’s fun and very quiet. In this terms art I have learned that mixing little things like lines and curves will make a beautiful picture! I do prefer black and white lines because with black and white lines, they have so much meaning in it and with colour, for me it looks good but not the best. Music does help me in art because it calms me down, makes me focus and relax.

Bye for now!

From Lachlan

• Ms Mirabella says:

I’m glad you are enjoying art Lachie and the music too. The teachers are very happy with how it is going too and like having Art every week.

7. safia says:

Hi everybody,
    Great job!
    It is really nice to see my friends artwork on the blog.
    The colors really stand out. The lines look great once they’re finished.
    My favorite picture is the black lined picture.

Good bye from Safia

8. Joshua G says:

Hi Josh here,

I love to draw and doodle at home and school.I love to doodle and draw because it is really fun and is a good way to relax.I prefer drawing in black and white because you then can get some good shading effects.

Thanks 🙂

9. Dante says:

Dante here bloggers whats up?.

I think the art lessons are fun and very cool.
    Art is really cool dont you think?
    I love the activities that we do and I can’t what to do a drawing of our faces and backgrounds. Can we please do more?

from Dante Quenette

bye bloggers!

10. Matthew says:

Hi it is Matthew,

Art is the best way of showing your emotions.There is no right or wrong.
    I prefer black and white because it gives the experience of the olden days before colour TV came in.
    I like the music during art because sometimes it can trigger thoughts and ideas that you can show in your art.

bye Matthew out.

11. Nick Grade 4 3/4c says:

Hi Bloggers,
    I really like art this year so far, I think it’s very creative. It is really interesting and can be lot’s of fun. It makes my eyes go a bit coo-koo but it is a really good way to show contrast,
    Anyways I gotta fly so seeya!

Nick

12. Vivien says:

Hello,
    loving our art lessons and the calm music is very relaxing and focusing. All the pictures are very nice and with our latest one if you stare at it your eyes feel all weird. I like working with black and white and going over with color. I find art enjoyable and relaxing. I wonder what other people think of art?
    See ya later, Vivien!

13. Alex says:

Hey bloggers its Alex,
    I’m happy that we are doing art this year because last year we didn’t do art. My favourite art activity that we have done is the circle art. I’m wondering what we will do next for art after we finish the picture with patterns.
    Bye for now.

14. Bianca says:

Hi it’s Bianca here,

What I have discovered in art is that lines can make your work look good and creative.

My opinion is that I like using both in my art. I like using colour in my art because it makes my art more bright. I also like to use black and white in my art because it makes my art stand out and they are good colours together.

I think that listening to music in art isn’t helpful because it is a little bit distracting and I can’t really hear it because it is too quiet.

I really like art because it is really fun and creative.

Bye for now not forever.(:

• angestuart says:

Hi Bianca ,
      Thank you for your thoughts. Didn’t you like the music. That’s so interesting . When I draw, music helps me so much to create things. We all learn and create in different ways dont we!? 🙂
      Ms Stuart

15. katia says:

Hi,everyone. It’s Katia here.
    I love art so much.
    I love working on lines,patterns
    and things. I love all the stuff we’re doing
    in art. I hope everyone else does too.
    Bye from Katia

16. Caitlyn says:

Hey fellow bloggers, Caitlyn here,

I’m loving the art lessons we are having.
    I have learnt that when your drawing you have to concentrate.
    I prefer to do my drawing in colour because the colours are bright.
    Yes I do like the music on because it helps my imagination.

Bye for now but not forever 🙂

17. Thu says:

Hi Thu’s here,

I really enjoy art and learned so much and thank you Miss Corduff for planning these activities for us THANK YOU. Well I think that listening to music is really helpful because it makes your body relax and not stress too much about the drawing/art. And also I think that really improved my art by knowing different patterns and types of lines to use in art.

Bye for now but not for ever.

• Miss Corduff says:

Thanks for that message Thu! Us teachers love to hear that you’re enjoying the lessons that we plan. I enjoy planning art because it’s one of my favourite subjects!

18. Charlotte says:

Hi guys it’s Charlotte D. here,

I love what we have been doing in art.
    We have been doing all sorts of different patterns and lines.
    We also have used a lot of colours.
    The music is really helpful. It helps me focus.

Bye for now

19. Emily says:

Hi it is Emily,

It was very relaxing when we were doing the circle art. It was relaxing because most of the time nobody was talking so we got to concentrate on our work and listen to music.
    The one I liked better was the black and white. My mum loved my work and wants to put it in a frame. Thanks for organising the lessons for us!

That is it for now but not forever!

20. jana says:

Hi, this is Jana here,
    I have enjoyed learning the use of lines to create new patterns. It was amazing to see how simple lines in black and white looked awesome. I also enjoyed the background music as it helped me concentrate on my work.
    Jana.

21. Isobel says:

Hi bloggers,
    I love all your artwork. I love doing art especially doodling, drawing and sculpting. I know it takes a long time but it’s still fun. It is sad that we only do art once a week. Great job on your work, they’re all excellent.
    From Isobel

22. cailani says:

Hello bloggers,

I’m really liking the idea of using patterns in our drawings.
    I find it really relaxing and fun,I also love to draw.
    I’m also learning a lot of things as well as having fun.

To end it all of I love my drawing ,
    from cailani!

23. bianca says:

Hi classmates Bianca here,

I’ve discovered that when we do lines in our drawings it makes it look like gallery artwork. It’s just like going to an art gallery where peoples artwork are displayed. I think using black and white gives it more detail and will affect it more as well. Music makes me meditate and think of patterns to go with the pictures and that’s why it so peaceful. Maybe you might prefer drawing with colors?

Bye Bianca

24. Angela says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am so happy doing art this year! Because last year in ¾ we did not get to do art. I really miss art… Till now! I love art especially with friends. It is so peaceful and calms you down after snack or lunch, and it also refreshes your brain too.

Bye but not forever!
    From Angela

25. Ana says:

Hi bloggers
    I love our art lessons this year and the music is cool and
    relaxing. I like to work with colour lines because it makes my art brighter. I think art its fun and awesome. The pictures are fantastic, I like all of them.
    Bye for now
    From Ana

26. Nicholas F says:

Hi it’s Nick here,

I am really enjoying art and thank you to Mrs. Kelly and Miss Corduff for teaching us how to draw all these wonderful pictures!Also thank you for giving us all positive feedback on our artwork! One of my favourites was the one with the sunset and the hills. When I got home I tried to teach my brother how to draw this amazing picture and he did really well.

Bye for now but not forever!

• angestuart says:

Thank you for your compliment Nick! It’s really cool that you went home and taught your brother how to draw the sunset and hills art work. Keep experimenting with you art skills! 🙂
      Miss Stuart

• Miss Corduff says:

Thanks Nick! Mrs. Kelly and I love planning and teaching art. I especially enjoy seeing how you’ve grown in your skills since the little artists I taught back in 1/2. I’m excited to plan more creative and interesting lessons for you guys over the coming terms,
      Miss Corduff 🙂

27. Jeslyn says:

HI fellow bloggers Jeslyn here,
    I have discovered that art is all about meditation.

I would prefer to use colors in my drawing because it just brings happiness to my art.

I find music helpful during my art lesson because it calms me down while i’m drawing.

Bye for now.

• angestuart says:

Thank you for sharing. I love listening to music when I draw. It feels like meditation to me too.

Miss Stuart

28. Katie says:

Hi fellow bloggers it’s Katie here,
    I have discovered that you don’t always need detail to make a picture look good you could always just use your own imagination or simple patterns. I enjoy using black and white but it really depends on what I am drawing or if the picture matches it. Music makes me calm down and gives me inspiration for what I am drawing!
    So bye for now but not for long!

29. Luke G says:

Hey guys Luke here,
    I have loved doing art this year. In art I have discovered new ways to draw patterns. When we do art I enjoy working with black and white because I think that It gives more of an effect to the drawing and stands out more. When we do art lessons I think that listening to music lets me relax and calm down.

Bye for now but not forever

30. Kobe says:

Hi guys it’s Kobe here

I think art in the 3 /4 area is cool because we get to do cool stuff. I really like doing patterns in black and white and sometimes in colours. This week we did Mr Squiggle at school (a style of drawing). I drew an evil clown.

Bye for now but not forever
    #KOBE!!!

31. Amber says:

Hi 3/4’s it’s Amber here,

I am loving art this term because we get to do different patterns in pictures and shapes. We have been doing stripes, dots, fireworks, lines, checkerboard and zigzags. I hope everyone loves art!

Bye bye

32. Bianca L says:

Dear fellow blogger it Bianca L here,

In art when we did the patterns in the circles it look really amazing.When I finishes it because it looked really outstanding!The music was fantastic because it was very relaxing and calm.Also when we did the hills with warm colours and the trees in black it look great!

Bye for now: Bianca L

33. flynn says:

Hi bloggers,
    I have really enjoyed doing art classes this term.
    I think it was fun and relaxing and good to learn different shades and I like drawing what I felt like. It was good music and the video helped me to think of what to draw and how to draw different shapes. I enjoy drawing at home so it is good to learn new things at school.
    Bye for now Flynn

34. Justin says:

Hi
    I think the art we have been doing is very fun and interesting. I think that lines is cool because when you finish your picture it has an awesome effect to it. It really stands out when you fill up all the boxes or circles. I hope we have fun art lessons next term and I hope you have a great Easter holiday. I hope everyone had fun drawing with lines.
    from Justin

35. Rivali , Tracey (Mum) says:

Hi guys Rivali here with my Mum{Tracey}

Hi everyone, Rivali loves art this semester because it was all fancy and based on one thing at a time. Also Rivali has loved art since she was very little. It is her favourite thing to do, anytime, any day.(Mum)

I love art because it expresses your feelings of what you are feeling at the time or you can basically just do any thing in art like painting,sketching,drawing and many more.

bye for now but not forever,
    Rivali