RECONCILIATION

Many of the Year Three students are making their Sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday the 12th of March. We have been learning about Reconciliation and making connections to the times in our lives when we have needed forgiveness and healing from others and when we have needed to reconcile with others. Jesus displayed forgiveness in his life and we can see an example of this in the Story of Zacchaeus.  Watch and reflect on the story.

https://vimeo.com/57088533

How do you think Zacchaeus felt when Jesus came to his house?

Why do you think Jesus chose to spend time with Zacchaeus?

How would this experience have changed Zacchaeus?

19 Responses to RECONCILIATION

1. Caitlyn says:

Hi Bloggers,

It’s Caitlyn here to talk about the Grade 3’s making their reconciliation. I thought making my reconciliation was a great experience because it was the first sacrament that I remember because when I made my Baptism I was very young so I can’t remember. Hopefully all the Grade 3’s enjoy their reconciliation because I enjoyed mine. This year I am celebrating the sacrament of Eucharist (First Communion). Good Luck to everyone that is celebrating the sacrament of reconciliation.

Well that’s all from me bloggers,
    Caitlyn

2. Bianca says:

Hi, it’s Bianca here,
    I think Zacchaeus felt shocked, surprised and amazed when Jesus came to his house, because everybody hated Zacchaeus, and Jesus was the greatest man ever to live.

I think that Jesus chose to spend time with Zacchaeus, because Jesus knew that Zacchaeus was stealing money from people and wanted to make Zacchaeus a better person.

This experience would have changed Zacchaeus in his head, heart and actions.

Bye for now not for ever.

3. Vincent says:

I think Zaccheus felt really surprised and shocked that Jesus was going to his house. And Jesus was going to Zaccheus house because he wanted to change Zaccheus’ life. Because if Zaccheus wanted Jesus to be happy he has to change.

4. Vincent says:

This is Vincent here and I think Zaccheus felt shocked and surprised.
    Jesus wanted to go to Zaccheus house because he wanted to change Zaccheus life.
    This experience changed Zaccheus because Jesus is a great man and you have to be good.

5. charlotte and her mum says:

Hi it’s Charlotte here and her mum Celeste.

We think Zacchaeus would have been very surprised that Jesus came to his house.
    We believe Jesus chose to spend time with him so that Zacchaeus would realise that he had done wrong by others, and Jesus loves everybody.
    This experience changed him as a better person, he gave the money that he stole from people and more to them.

Buy for now not forever.

6. Charlie says:

Hi everyone
    I liked “God’s Story: Zaccheus”. I think Zaccheus was amazed that God came to his house. God saw that Zaccheus was a liar and a thief, but loved him anyway.

Spending time with God helped Zaccheus become a better person and people who didn’t like him would now become his friend.

Thanks
    Charlie

7. Georgie says:

Hi bloggers,

I think Zacchaeus felt surprised and wondered why Jesus has come to his house because everybody hated him.
    I think Jesus chose to spend time with Zacchaeus because he wanted to make him a better person by confronting him at his house about stealing money from people.

Well he thought Jesus was an amazing person so he would’ve taken the advice from Jesus and is now using this in his everyday life.

Thats all from me,
    Georgie

8. Matthew says:

Hi Bloggers,

I think Zacchaeus felt confused and scared when Jesus came to his house, as well as honoured and nervous, because Zacchaeus had no idea what Jesus might say to him.
    But then Jesus helped him change his ways, and make him realise what he did wrong. Then Jesus forgave Zacchaeus.

So that’s all for now,
    Matthew out

9. Nicholas says:

Hi everyone, it’s Nicholas here.

I think the story of Zacchaeus is special, in that it gave the opportunity for someone who was doing the wrong thing, to make it up to the people who they had wronged. Zacchaeus couldn’t see that what he was doing was wrong, until Jesus came to talk to him.

When Jesus invited himself to Zacchaeus’s home, I think Zacchaeus was confused, but after Jesus had spoken to him and was able to forgive him for what he had done, Zacchaeus was then able to look at himself the right way and give back everything he had stolen from people, plus more – 4 times the amount he stole.

10. Dylan says:

What’s up my peeps Dylan here!

I am so excited for the grade 3’s that are making there very first Reconciliation. I hope they will be really excited! Hope you learn more about Jesus when you make it too.

Thats all for now bye!!!

From Dylan.

11. Emily says:

Hi it is Emily here!!!!!!!!
    Jesus went to Zacchaeus’ because he knew Zacchaeus was a sinner and he wanted to talk to him about how he could stop being a sinner. Zacchaeus said to Jesus that he was going to give half of what he had to the poor and pay four times more to the people that he cheated. We should not sin but if we do we should ask God for forgiveness.

• angestuart says:

Thank you Emily for your thoughts. I agree with your point that if we do sin that we can always ask God for forgiveness no matter what we have done.
      Ms Stuart

12. kyle says:

Hey it is Kyle,

I hope all of the grade 3’s have a wonderful time doing their reconciliation. I remember when I was in grade 3 and I was so nervous about doing my reconciliation even though I had no idea what I had to do. I found out when I made my reconciliation that all you really do is tell the priest your sins. So grade 3’s it is nothing to get worked up about. Just relax and think about all the things you have done wrong and tell the priest. Good luck.

Well bye guys,

Kyle

13. Nicholas F says:

Hello Bloggers,

Congratulations to all the year 3’s about to make their reconciliation!
    Last year before I went in I felt very nervous thinking about going to
    sit with the priest and telling him my sins. Afterwards I felt better
    because I knew that God had forgiven me for what I had done wrong.

From Nick 🙂

14. Noah M says:

This is Noah M,

I am happy to be paticapating in Reconciliation this week. It is good to ask God for forgiveness when we have sinned.

I have read the story of Zacchaeus many times and it is a good story. I feel that Zacchaeus was surprised and happy because Jesus chose to go to his house even though he was the person people did not like. Jesus spent time with Zacchaeus to make him realise that He loves him no matter how bad he is. Zacchaeus became a better person.

Bye 3/4’s

15. Charlie says:

Hi Grade 3’s
    Are you looking forward to your reconciliation tomorrow? I am! I hope we all remember what to say. I wonder which priest we will have? I wonder what people will be wearing?
    Bye bloggers
    Charlie.

16. Sienna.P says:

Hi bloggers, it’s Sienna here,
    I just wanted to say well done and congratulations to all the grade 3s who made their Reconciliation the other night. I hope you all had a great time making your first sacrament at St.Marks. I remember when I did my Reconciliation last year, I felt really nervous before I had done it, but after it was all finished I felt really good about myself.
    Bye for now, and I hope all the grade three’s had fun on the night making their Reconciliation.
    From Sienna

17. ricky says:

Hey bloggers,I’m Ricky….
    I can not believe that the grade 3’s made their first ever Reconciliation.
    I hope the grade 3’s had a great time doing their first Reconciliation.
    I wonder how many people were there? Well I think there is more than 30.
    See Ya bloggers!
    From: Ricky