WELCOME BACK!

We would like to welcome everyone back to the new school year in 2015. We are looking forward to sharing the learning experiences of the 3/4 St Mark’s students this year. There are a lot of exciting, new opportunities for our students, including the 1:1 computer program and the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program. We hope you enjoy hearing about these and other learning in 3/4. 

What are you looking forward in 2015?

What are some things you would like to be doing at school in 2015?

How do you think learning can be improved this year?

18 Responses to WELCOME BACK!

1. lachlan says:

Dear fellow bloggers,

I am looking forward to the learning, friends and teachers. I am also looking forward to the changes made throughout the year. I would like students being ‘The Three I’s’ and happy! I think learning can be improved by no one bullying , letting everyone be part of the game, the game being fair and all of that stuff.
    See you next time!

From Lachlan

2. Sienna.P says:

Hi guys, welcome back!

What I’m looking forward to is seeing and meeting my teachers and friends again. Plus being in different classes this year while I’m meeting new people and challenging myself to try new things. I’m also excited about starting the new Stephanie Alexander program at school because I love cooking, and I love gardening, so that’s a win win for me! 🙂
    What I would like to be doing in 2015 is more fundraisers, but fun ones like wearing casual or walkathons like last year. I think that learning this year can be improved by starting using our new laptops properly and safely.

See you later, from Sienna.P

• Ms Mirabella says:

Hi Sienna,
      Thank you for sharing your fantastic ideas. We will definitely be using our computers a lot more this year to help improve your learning.
      From Ms Mirabella

3. Nicholas & Kris (Dad) says:

Hi bloggers,

Welcome back everyone in year 4 and a special welcome to the new year 3’s!
    I can’t wait for all the new learning this year in 2015!

Lets all work together and have a good year!

From Nick & Kris

4. Megan says:

Hi there 3/4 bloggers

What an interesting year it was! I can’t wait for another exciting new year with new kids and teachers. I’m also looking forward to all the new things we will be learning. I think things could be improved this year by letting new people play with you this year.

Have a great year
    Megan!

5. Noah says:

Hi bloggers,
    I am looking forward to learning division and working on my mental maths.
    I am also wanting to become SRC by writing a really good speech. I would like to become
    SRC because I have all the qualities of a good leader.
    My computer is helping me with my learning because I am excited each day to go on it.
    I am also pleased about homework that it is assigned to me and more relevant to me.

From Noah!!!

6. James says:

Hi 3/4 Bloggers,

I am looking forward to using the Chrome Books / Ultra Books.

I would like to be doing games about the topics we are learning about.

I think learning can improve by having special groups for you, like good levels in each group.

Bye everybody!

7. Charlotte says:

Hi Bloggers it’s Charlotte here,

I am looking forward to making new friends and making my Eucharist this year.
    I would like to be doing lots of writing especially persuasive writing.
    I think that learning could be improved by using our laptops and doing lots of work on it.

From Charlotte

8. Tyler says:

Hi bloggers,
    I just want to say how excited I am to be using the Chrome Book this year! I am finding that it is easy to use and I like that I don’t have to share it with anyone at home. I hope that we get to play maths games and other educational games on it later in the year.

I am also looking forward to doing some more cooking this year, because I really enjoyed it last year.

Tyler

9. jackson says:

Hi Jackson here,
    I am looking forward to using the Chrome books or Ultra books. I am also looking forward to getting in different reading and maths groups. I am also looking forward to doing the new projects for inquiry.
    This year I would like to do a lot of writing and maths. I also want to do the inquiry projects.
    I think learning can be improved by having groups at different levels for reading and maths. Also I think using the Chrome books and the Ultra books will help.

Bye from Jackson

10. Noah M and Noah's Mum says:

Hi 3/4 Bloggers,

I am new to St. Mark’s and look forward to using a Chromebook for learning and being part of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program. I look forward to meeting the teachers and students at the school and making new friends.

Noah has settled in really well and has made new friends. It will take some time to understand how things are done at St. Mark’s and look forward to meeting the staff, students and families that are part of the St. Mark’s community.

From Noah and Noah’s Mum

11. Ana says:

Hi there
    I am looking forward to meeting my new teacher and new friends. I would like to do art
    this year and cooking classes . I think learning this year can be improved by using my new laptop and using it safely around school and at home.

From Ana

12. Katie says:

Hi fellow bloggers welcome back it’s Katie here,
    This year I am looking forward to new fun activities and meeting new friends!
    My favourite subjects are writing,art,sport and inquiry and I like to do these things in class. I think our learning will improve by challenging ourselves and by learning to use our devices properly.
    Now it is the end so I gotta say bye guys!

13. Nicholas says:

Hi Guys!

What an exciting year ahead of us, Chrome books and all! I prefer learning this way, I find that it focuses my attention. On my Chrome Book, I enjoy doing Mathletics and using it to research things. This year, I am also looking forward to doing my first Sacrament of Reconciliation, sharing this with my friends and my family.

I wish everyone in 3/4 a very happy and productive year – sharing, giving and loving, offering each other support in times of sorrow.

Nicholas

14. justin says:

Hi guys,
    Welcome back to St Marks 2015. I am looking forward to seeing all my friends, playing sport and learning new things. I love my chromebook and the responsibility of looking after it.
    I am looking forward to cooking, using what we grow in the vegie garden. Setting goals and working towards achieving them.

15. Jake says:

Hi Bloggers,
    It’s Jake here, I love my new class 3/4MC, all my friends are amazing & my teachers Ms Mirabella & Mrs Costante are great. I do like Japanese & would like to learn more words. I really like to do my Mathletics & homework with my mum in the afternoon.

Bye,
    Jake

16. jonathan says:

Hi it’s Jonathan here.

The term has been great so far, learning new and interesting subjects, like mapping, which I have enjoyed. Sport has been my favorite subject of all. Looking forward to the end of the term and easter celebrations.

See you soon