Athletics Day!!

Last Friday our whole school participated in Athletics Day. Although the sun didn’t come out all day it didn’t dampen anyone’s spirit. The day was full of everyone competing in track and field events. Great sportsman ship was showed by all students from different year levels! All encouraging each other to do their best.

All the 3/4‘s did such a great job in participating in the track and field events. Field events like Long jump, triple jump, high jump and discuss were well represented with enthusiastic athletes ready to do their best. The track events were no different. We may be waiting a little while for the grass to grow back as there were some very FAST sprinters!

A big Congratulations to Clare House for winning this years Athletics Day. Also well done to Francis House for winning the Spirit Award!
What was your favourite field event ?

What was your favourite track event?

Did you see any examples of good sportsman ship between the different sport houses or any individual competing during the day?

Any ideas or suggestions for next years Athletics day?

29 Responses to Athletics Day!!

1. Fiona (Sienna Q's Mum) says:

I would like to congratulate all the students for competing on Athletics Day, it was fabulous to watch all of you.

2. Hunter says:

Hi guys its Hunter here
    I’m just saying that athletics day was a wonderful day and I had lots of fun.
    My favorite field event was definitely long jump because I did really well.
    Also my favorite track event is obviously the batten relay because I’m with a group of students not just me.
    Also next year can the year 3s to 6s have hurdles because it’s a mixture of running and jumping which is two of my talents.

From Hunter

3. Michelle says:

Hi Michelle here,
    Well my favorite field event was all of them because they are challenging and they’re fun. My favorite track event was long jump because its fun. I saw some other people from different colors saying “Well done” or “Good job” when some people finished their race. For next year I think that we should really have hurdles because we haven’t had much hurdles.
    Michelle out.

4. Liana and Marie (Liana's mum) says:

Hi it’s Marie, Liana’s mum
    Sports day was talked about at home by both my girls, they loved it. Liana especially enjoyed the 100 meter sprint, it was her favourite event. Well done Liana. It’s a shame I couldn’t be there this time to share the fun with you.
    Bye for now.

5. Liana says:

Hi guys it’s Liana here,
    I loved athletics day because I got to run, support my team, cheer and spend the day outside. It was a great experience. My favourite event was the 100 metre sprint! I enjoyed the baton relay even though I fell over, but thanks to Amy Kennedy she stopped her race to help me up! Thanks Amy.

See you guys later.

6. Thu says:

Hello everyone,

On athletics day everyone did a fantastic work on everything that Mr. Snell worked hard on. Good job for everyone who made it to the district. And if you didn’t, that’s okay because no-one is perfect so don’t worry if you don’t make it through just like me.

From: Thu

7. Louisa D says:

Hello bloggers,
    Louisa here, my favorite field event on athletics day was long jump because I got to compete against my friends and it was a good challenge for me. My favorite track event was the baton relay because for that race our team won! We didn’t win the entire competition but at least we all had fun!
    Bye for now from Louisa.

8. Dylan's Mum says:

Hi,
    It’s Marianne-Dylan’s mum – Athletics day was a great occasion, full of loud chanting and cheering by all the house teams and lots of proud students in their house colours.
    Great day!

9. nicole (luke) says:

Hi it’s Nicole, Luke and Flynns mum,
    I really enjoyed the athletics day. it was great to see everybody cheering each other on. Everyone looked like they were trying their hardest and I was very proud of Francis house winning the spirit award. Congratulations to all the children who made it to the districts hope you enjoy the day.
    Nicole

10. Nicholas & Julie (Mum) says:

Hi everyone,

It was fantastic to see the effort, enthusiasm and great sportsmanship shown by the whole school on Athletics Day. It was especially nice to hear the wonderful encouragement the older students gave the preps for their first school athletics carnival. Congratulations to Francis for winning the Spirit Award and to Clare for winning overall! Good luck to all the students representing St Mark’s at the District Athletics Carnival on Friday. Looking forward to another great day next year!

Bye for now!

11. Hayley and Katrina (Hayleys mum) says:

Hello bloggers Hayley and Katrina here,
    At Athletics day every one did a good job!
    Every one cheered for one another and participated.
    When Hayley got home she could not stop talking about the fun field events she did!
    Hayley explained that she did field events that she has never done before and how much fun athletics day was!
    Hayley’s favourite field event was Triple jump.
    Congratulations for Clare winning and Francis for winning the Spirit award!

Bye for now but not for long!
    Hayley and Katrina

12. Karla Stutz (Kyle's mum) says:

I really enjoyed watching all the kids participating in Athletics Day. The atmosphere was amazing and it was really nice to see all the houses cheering and supporting each other. Well done 🙂

13. Vallan says:

Hi blogger’s it’s Vallan

Athletics day was great. My favorite field event was shot put because you had to push the shot put as hard as you can. My favorite track event was 800 metre because i thought my friends were going to beat me but in the end I came first, what a relief. I noticed very great sportsmanship from Clare house, a lot of the time I saw them cheering on the other teams.

Bye blogger’s

14. Nicholas and Julie (Nicholas' mum) says:

Hi everyone,

It was fantastic to see the effort, enthusiasm and great sportsmanship shown by the whole school on Athletics Day. It was especially nice to hear the extra encouragement the older students gave the Preps for their very first school athletics carnival. Congratulations to Francis for winning the Spirit Award and to Clare for winning overall! Good luck to all the children representing St Mark’s at the District Athletics Carnival on Friday. Looking forward to another great day next year. Well done everyone 🙂

Bye for now.

15. bianca says:

Hi guys,

I was so impressed with all the year 3/4 children when they did their events. I was very happy. It was close between Francis and Clare!I hope that everyone had a good Athletics Day.

(By for now but not forever)

16. Karla (Kyle's mum) says:

Hi it’s Kyle here,
    I loved athletics day. It was very fun and I really enjoyed all the wonderful field events. I loved the fact that Clare won. I think that Brigid, Kolbe and Francis did a really good job too. I hope that St.Marks wins the district athletics.

Kyle out

17. Riley says:

Hi bloggers Riley and mum here,
    I would just like to say in athletics my favourite event was high jump because I like using my legs. Also my mum and I would like to congratulate everyone on doing their best, and hope all the people who made it to district have fun and do well.
    From mum and Riley

18. claudia says:

Hi its Claudia,
    I really liked athletics day. I enjoyed cheering for my team.
    I liked baton relay because koble won the baton relay and it was a really
    fun day. Good job to all the teams!!

From Claudia 3/4AS

19. Josh says:

The best part of the athletic day was the long jump and the triple jump.
    Even though our house didn’t win it was a great day and I really enjoyed running for my team.

By Josh

20. Penny zoe's mum says:

Hello to all the athletes.

I missed this years athletics day, but it was great to see all the excited faces at the end of the day. Well done Zoe for doing so well in high jump and becoming emergency for the district team. A good job done by all teams on Athletics day and all the best for the districts.

From Penny. Zoe’s mum.

21. Jack says:

Hello fellow bloggers, it’s Jack here.

On athletics day, the whole school participated in the field events, sprints and baton races.
    I chose triple jump and high jump as my events. In triple jump I came third but was not chosen as an emergency for the district team because there were enough people to compete.
    In high jump, I came third and was chosen to be a second emergency for the district team on Friday.
    I am very proud to support my school. It is held at Dolomore Oval in Mentone on Friday.
    Everyone made a great effort on the athletics day and good luck to the district teams.

Jack out.

22. Edwina says:

Hi all,
    It’s Jacks mum here.
    I would like to say good luck to all of the students that are representing St Marks in the district athletics tomorrow. Do your best and make your school proud.
    We’ll done on your achievements so far.
    Edwina out.

23. Jacinta says:

Hi guys Jacinta here,
    My favourite field event was 800m because I was competing against some very fast runners and also because it was pushing me to the limits. My favourite track event was 100m because you get to run your fastest and try your best to win! Overall everyone had a really good and fun day.

24. Rolena says:

Hi All
    I just want to say thank you to all the Green team members who tried very hard to win and cheer up the team. Very good effort from the green team I loved the loud cheers and the screaming that almost made me deaf. Thanks to all the teachers and helpers of the event, I really enjoyed the day! 🙂 🙂
    Rolena

25. Cheyennes dad cedric says:

Hi
    It is so good to see that most of the students took part and compete at the games and I am sure this will help to build up the team sprit with the team mates and all the students in school, keep up the good work.

26. Cheyenne says:

Hi its Cheyenne here,
    Athletics day was really fun I really enjoyed it! it was good because instead of doing races and thing like that we did field events, such as high-jump, long jump etc. My favourite field event was high jump because I really enjoyed high jump and I was also doing it with my friends.

Bye for now Cheyenne!

27. joanne(Luke's mum) says:

Hi everyone,
    Its Luke’s mum. I just want to say how much fun athletics day was. I loved how there was so many field events to choose from. It was terrific to see everyone so happy, enthusiastic and involved in all the activities. Well done St Marks. It was a wonderful day! Go Clare!

28. Justin says:

I enjoyed the sprint and had lots of fun on the day.
    Hi this is Yasmin Justin’s mum athletics day is one of my favourites and the kids had a ball.

29. - Glor!a - says:

Hey bloggers,

This is Gloria, I enjoyed the athletics day. I was so happy Clare won the athletics day. Congratulations to Frances for winning the Spirit award. I loved doing Discus and Shotput. Even though my hands hurt alot. Maybe we should put hurdles for next years athletics day. I’ve been missing hurdles alot.
    🙂
    From Gloria