Inquiry

During Inquiry the 3/4 children have been participating in a Learning Journey. They posed some questions about this term’s Integrated Topic and the teachers designed learning areas from them. The children were then given the opportunity to investigate the different areas and record their findings. They then shared their knowledge with each other and posed  new questions for their personal inquiries, which they will be working on through out the rest of the term.

WIN_20140804_150228
WIN_20140801_150252 WIN_20140801_150347 WIN_20140801_150449 WIN_20140801_150516 WIN_20140801_150242 WIN_20140804_150241

Was the Learning Journey an effective way to find answers to your questions ?

What did you find out through your Learning Journey?

What questions do you have now?

How can you make your inquiry purposeful and creative?

16 Responses to Inquiry

1. Keisha says:

Hi fellow bloggers,
    I have been enjoying this inquiry unit so far.
    The most interesting thing I have found would be Global Warming and how it’s
    effecting our earth. One of the questions I would really find the answer to would
    be ‘ Can we have electric cars to prevent Global Warming?’ Because cars that run
    on petrol let of Co2 ( Carbon dioxide), and if we had electric cars it wouldn’t let off
    Co2. I think the learning journey was a really effective way to learn

Bye!

2. Jasmin says:

Hi
    Today I’m going to talk about the learning journey. I went around the rooms and I had a couple questions. In rising sea levels I thought, what will happen to the animals if the ice melts and the water rises?
    Log on to the blog.

3. Simon (Noah R's dad) says:

Noah has told me he wants to do a project on solar power. I think harvesting energy from the sun is a really efficient and cost effective way to power the home due to rising electricity costs. I recently had a quote to get 18 solar panels put on the roof of our house. These panels could potentially save our household between $1500 to $2000 each year on bills. While the initial outlay is quite high we would recoup our money within a matter of years and then let the sun pay for our bills!! That sounds pretty good to me!

4. Kobe says:

Hi it’s Kobe here

I liked the learning area during Inquiry all about carbon dioxide because it had information about the greenhouse effect, I read it all. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it.

Bye for now but not for ever.

5. Javier says:

Hey guys,
    Did you know that greenhouse effects can cause global warming . My question is what would happen if the ice bergs in Antarctica keep melting ? I liked the learning journey because we got to write it in our own words.

6. Carol (Javier's mum) says:

I think it’s great that the students are finding ways to sustain our planet. The inquiry project is helping the students to develop good habits early. We do our best at exercising sustainable routines at home too. We keep lights off when rooms are not being used, we keep doors closed when the heater is on, we recycle rubbish that has the recyclable symbol, we keep PowerPoint switched off when we are not using them and we do our best at not wasting water by keeping our showers short. Every little bit helps, especially when everybody does their bit!!

7. Luke says:

HI bloggers Luke here,
    I found the learning journey a effective way of finding new information about a topic. I really like that we chose the different topics to learn about instead of the teachers chose it for us.
    bye for now but not for ever.

8. Kobe says:

Hi guys it’s Kobe here,

I am excited to do the project on Monday. I built a solar plane. I liked it.

Bye for now but not forever.

9. Thomas says:

Hi 3/4’s,
    So far I am enjoying Inquiry this year. I can’t wait until next topic.
    On Monday Kyle and I presented a book about the Ozone Layer.
    I enjoyed it a lot.

• Gayle (Thomas B's mum) says:

I am very proud of Thomas and Kyle’s effort they put into their Ozone Layer book. All the kids in 3/4 should be proud of the imagination and effort that they put into their projects they presented on Monday.

10. Luke D says:

What up bloggers,
    I loved this term’s topic for inquiry. It was absolutely AMAZING! I think my favourite project was Luke M’s and Jacob S’s because they put in a lot of effort and time into it and I think they did two posters and four models. If I had to rate the expo I think I would rate it a 7 1/2 because some of the learning areas were a bit unorganised and messy from some of the projects. Now I can’t wait till next term’s expo!

BYE FOR NOW BUT NOT FOREVER.

11. Shirlee - Luke D's Mum says:

Monday’s Expo was a huge success! It was great to see the students putting an enormous amount of effort into learning about predominately what will be their future planet earth. There were a couple of really clever projects that made it fun to participate in whilst learning – bonus! What the 3/4 students need to remember is that ‘Knowledge is Power’ ! What they put into practice now as young Australians will benefit them and their environment as Adults.
    Great Work!
    Shirlee

12. Ellen (Louisa's mother) says:

Hi fellow bloggers,
    Louisa’s mum here. I have been very impressed with the projects that the children are completing during their inquiry unit. I have enjoyed reading Louisa’s and other children’s projects on Global Climate Change. I found it really interesting that the children are learning about something that is very important for the survival of our environment. Looking forward to their next inquiry project.
    Bye for now Ellen.

13. Shannen's mum says:

Shannen enjoyed preparing and presenting her project on carbon dioxide. It’s great that the students get an opportunity to investigate and then present their findings.

14. Vy says:

Hi bloggers,
    Vy’s mum says: I learnt so much stuff and loved looking at the posters. I was really proud about how much work the students put into their project. I loved walking around and seeing those amazing models.

Vy says: I really think everyone did really good on their projects. I loved doing quizzes and winning lollies. All the projects were so interesting and fun to read. I wonder what our next topic is for inquiry.

15. Charlie and his Dad (Owen) says:

I have been very proud of Charlie and his partner Luke. They have put together a very interesting project on Solar Power. I have enjoyed listening to Charlie explain the benefits of Solar Panels. It is great that students are investigating alternative energy sources for the future as it is vital for our planet. It was very interesting how much the 3/4 students learnt including me Charlie.

By for now but not forever.