HOMEWORK

Our homework is all about what we are learning at school. Some of our tasks are challenging and some are easier. We get points for doing activities from our different areas of learning. We also work on our spelling, times tables and reading. They are our  compulsory tasks. We have three weeks to do our homework which gives us time to do our other activities such as sport. We can even get points for doing these and and having three weeks helps us learn to manage our time. Our homework gives us lots of  choices and is interesting and don’t forget if you have any problems just ask your teacher for help.

By Monet, Sam, Isabelle and Sienna.

Have you ever negotiated your own homework task with your teacher and if so what was it?

Would you like to include any thing else in our homework ?

Are you having any problems with your homework?

7 Responses to HOMEWORK

1. Karla (Kyle's mum) says:

Hi,
    I think it would be a good idea to have more activities related to timetables in the 3/4 homework. I believe timetables are essential to many other Mathematical operations such as multiplication and division. When I was in school we all knew our timetables off by heart and I feel that these days that is not always the case.
    Karla Stutz

2. Anita ( Nicole's mum) says:

Hi All,
    I think that we need to focus more on timetables, reading and spelling. It is very important that we can count, work with numbers, read and write interesting essay’s before we head to secondary school.
    As a parent I feel after school can be a challenge getting my children to do their homework and most of all READ a book. When I was at school we never had help like you guys have today. Please listen to your teacher and parents because they only want the best for you. Good Luck!
    Anita

3. Justin X says:

Hi Bloggers

I love doing my homework. I think its great to have three weeks to do it as I have lots of sport after school and it gives me time to finish it. I love to learn new things, maths is my favourite, I love practising times tables. Spelling and reading is a good idea for homework.

Bye for now

• Mrs Kelly says:

I’m glad you’re enjoying your homework Justin. Keeping up with your spelling and reading will help you in all areas of your learning . Well done .

4. Isla (Jasmin's Mum) says:

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss homework.
    I think that practice, practice and some more practice is the the most important reason behind homework.
    Maths seems to be the subject that is hardest to master. Perhaps a little more focus in this area would be great.
    Thank you!

5. Liam's mum says:

Homework bridges the gap between learning at school and learning at home. It allows children to develop skills such as research and time management. It also allows children to establish the habits of study, concentration and self discipline. The Grade 3/4 homework is great as it allows a child to choose what activity they would like to study.

6. Liam says:

I have learnt so much this year in Grade 3/4 homework. I like the ability to be able to choose what activity I want to study more. The setting of homework should take into account the need for children to have a balanced lifestyle and should be purposeful to a student’s needs.